What's new

Goodbye super mario 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datadayne

This morning, I was trying to download super mario 64 U because I had codes for the U version. But when I tried to download it, it said "this is ESA protected". I thought the site was going throught some diffuculties, so I went on five other sites, samething. I guess whoever doesnt have super mario 64 cant get it anymore. Then again, who has a N64 emulator but doesnt have super mario 64.

If im wrong, please correct me.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the discussion of rom downloading is not permitted here.

also, there are no roms available from Emutalk or the Emulation64 network

OP
D

Datadayne

Ummmmmmmm, duhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!, Im not asking for roms, giving roms or giving links to roms, nor will I ever do. I wasnt talking about this site btw. All I needed was an aswer like Agozer's. To comfirm it, but I guess I was wrong about it.

I understand if this thread gets closed. Sorry to any admins or mods if I broke the rules.

OP
D

Datadayne

Sorry for double post but............
I think its safe to say that super mario 64 is now ESA protected. Dont get me wrong anyone, but this is what I found out from the sites I go to (witch I cant tell).

Cukeman

There are ways to get it, but we can't tell you. And this ESA protection thing, extremely OLD news, dude.

OP
D

Datadayne

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know about "extremely OLD news". I downloaded the rom not even a month ago. How can less than a month be "extremely OLD news".

JKKDARK

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know about "extremely OLD news". I downloaded the rom not even a month ago. How can less than a month be "extremely OLD news".

Because people get the ESA Protection since long time ago, not one month ago.

smcd

the site might have 1) received notice from the copyright holder, 2) decided that since the company in question (nintendo) is known for protecting its assets such as mario that it wasn't worth the risk, 3) something else

Witten

Emulator Developer
I am closing this thread since it has nothing to do with the emulation of the Nintendo64 console and neither with Project64.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.