What's new

Good news for 56kers? (hell for dslers too)

Clements

My connection is weird, I can upload much faster than I can download. I have some sort of 150kbs internet wihch is similar to ISDN (or is ISDN).

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
very old news.... one electrical enterprise is testing this method in one city here in Brazil, but the modem is very expensive yet..... if the "electrical modem" makers raise their prices will be more one competitor, and ISPs will raise their prices too.....

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
New to me as well. This seems nice, in theory. But will likely mean nothing to us for years, really. If it's only available to 16,000 people, all in one state, then it'll take a long while to get anywhere wide spread. For now, however, I'm happy with my 3100(390+kb/sec) download and 250/up(50kb roughly) upload. Nice enough to allow me to play any online game at full speed. :)
- Modem

Chris_W

wow internet right through a electric socket and dvd's made mainly from paper lol
what strange yet wonderful times we live in :p

revl8er

That Damn Good
I heard about this a while back in one of my computer classes while I was still in high school. I didn't really believe it was real since I didn't hear about it afterwords. The only problem is they won't have it in my area for probably a couple of more years.

Flash

Technomage
Chris_W said:
wow internet right through a electric socket
We made 10Mbit LAN through electric socket in 1995 :p It had only one problem - the network has been limited to three nearest buildings, because it was almost impossible
to connect through transformer , if that big buzzin' box is on your way, maximum that you can get is lightning-fast 300 baud connection :D

Eagle

aka Alshain
I heard about this over 8 years ago, I thought it was abandoned.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
When my father was working for NorTel they were developing the technology and were testing it; I donno anything afterwards, he was let go when the stock crashed.