What's new

!..::Goldeneye::..!

Dj Noop

Brand New

Hey!

I've spent a lot of time playing around with Project 64, and though it's really smooth for Goldeneye, what kind of settings do you guys use for this game? I have a controller very similar to playstation one (where the hell do you find an adaptiod..?). What kind of deadzone and sensitivity settings, pluggin settings for graphics, counterfactor, Rom Settings/Advanced, texture filerting; what settings help make the game more enjoyable/smoother/authentic/faster/slower/ect.? I'll share my own if anyone shares this passion for this game (Yeah, I still do play this every weekend with my friends, still have about 7 N64 controllers collected), Take care and Peace

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't use any fancy tricks, although I do use a mouse+keyboard profile with the N-Rage Input plugin, which gives a pretty nice "PC-style" experience.

Although I hate the way the targeting crosshair always tries to auto-center. :/

Allnatural

Agozer said:
Although I hate the way the targeting crosshair always tries to auto-center. :/
The Absolute X ...Y toggles will disable auto-center. You'll need to create a modifier so that it's on only when the crosshair is visable though.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Dj Noop said:

Hey!

I've spent a lot of time playing around with both Project 64, and thought it's really smooth for Goldeneye, what kind of settings do you guys use for this game? I have a controller very similar to playstation one (where the hell do you find an adaptiod..?). What kind of deadzone and sensitivity settings, pluggin settings for graphics, counterfactor, Rom Settings/Advanced, texture filerting; what settings make the game more enjoyable/smoother/authentic/faster/slower/ect.? I'll share my own if anyone shares this passion for this game (Yeah, I still do play this every weekend with my friends, still have about 7 N64 controllers collected), Take care and Peace

Goldeneye 007 probably won't be any smoother until you upgrade the CPU.

Also, the NRage controller plugin is the best.

OP
Dj Noop

Dj Noop

Brand New
RJARRRPCGP said:
Goldeneye 007 probably won't be any smoother until you upgrade the CPU.

Also, the NRage controller plugin is the best.
Hey!
I'm pretty sure it's not the cpu, no offense intended at all. The game runs really detailed and the frames per second feel faster than the 64 but does have it's random glitchy moments. It's not when too many bombs are blowing up, but just randomly it doesn't seem overall "smooth" (I have high expectations, and I know just about every glitch in the real game). I want to know if there's a way to slowdown the framerate or speed so that it doesn't 'trip' up on itself by going to fast (Bond walks way too fast in the intro). Then main thing I wanted to know was if anyone else noticed that when you change weapons (Single or multiplayer), it freezes for a half a second or so (Is it some kind of texture loading problem?). This could get annoying in multiplayer (everyone changing their weapons), and if there's a way to fix this, then that's one less obstical to playing Goldeneye off my laptop on my friends bigscreen tv.

NRage just has an 'old' feel to it, I'll try it out.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Allnatural said:
The Absolute X ...Y toggles will disable auto-center. You'll need to create a modifier so that it's on only when the crosshair is visable though.
Wonderful. Thanks so much for that.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Dj Noop said:
Hey!
I'm pretty sure it's not the cpu, no offense intended at all. The game runs really detailed and the frames per second feel faster than the 64 but does have it's random glitchy moments. It's not when too many bombs are blowing up, but just randomly it doesn't seem overall "smooth" (I have high expectations, and I know just about every glitch in the real game). I want to know if there's a way to slowdown the framerate or speed so that it doesn't 'trip' up on itself by going to fast (Bond walks way too fast in the intro). Then main thing I wanted to know was if anyone else noticed that when you change weapons (Single or multiplayer), it freezes for a half a second or so (Is it some kind of texture loading problem?). This could get annoying in multiplayer (everyone changing their weapons), and if there's a way to fix this, then that's one less obstical to playing Goldeneye off my laptop on my friends bigscreen tv.

NRage just has an 'old' feel to it, I'll try it out.

I dunno what to tell you, except for to try it with 1964 0.9.9. If you take the RSP plugin from Project64 and use Rice Video 5.50b2, it should run better. Jabo's GFX plugin has a tendency of making Goldeneye 007 have video stuttering.

GE Master

This slight delay is something that I've posted a couple times without any replies. I'm confused at to the why this happens. In the past, we've played 4 player on emu GoldenEye and no such delays when switching weapons. It happens on any emu and any plugin that I've used over the past year or so. It's unplayable as is.

Blacklord

Banned
U might wanna use a bigger dead zone since on my ps2 controler for pc the defalt deadzone is too sensitive. (and don't bother asking where to get 3rd party plugins as no one will tell u[it's in the rules])

OP
Dj Noop

Dj Noop

Brand New
Yeah.. I guess my original point of this thread has dulled down and washed away. Guess I'll just stick with Goldeneye my 64 and emulated version of it and find some answers for myself.

OP
Dj Noop

Dj Noop

Brand New
Hey!
Do you use the newer one or the 5.something one? If you're allowed to say it on this forum, what settings do you use for it? Unlike the Project 64 one, there are a LOT of options on the Rice one.