What's new

Glide64 + eVoodoo

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
So if you dont have a 3dfx card, you can just download Evoodoo, and it will make Glide64 work? What does Evoodoo do exactly?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
Gamer123 said:
So if you dont have a 3dfx card, you can just download Evoodoo, and it will make Glide64 work? What does Evoodoo do exactly?

basic glide64 is a plugin designed for the glide api, which is not supported by any gfx cards, apart from voodoo cards, so basically a wrapper emulates (sorta) the plugin in d3d. so u kinda get an emulator running an emulated plugin, if u get me. u can download evoodoo and glide64 now, to play the current release of glide64. but evoodoo's current release has issues, meaning glide64 will hav missing features, unless u are able to use the plugin without a wrapper (eg. voodoo card). looking at these shots, which are amazing (linker = :thumbsup: ), the issues seemed to hav been cleared up, and glide64 seems to hav progressed faster than a bitch on rollerskates. congrats to all involved, and one lil question - other than slower frame rates, wat are the other issues now with evoodoo?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The slow rates are no longer a problem on fast machines.
(Mine goes full speed),
and some stuff which I have noticed with it (other say they haven't seen this), is that textures aren't correctly aligned into each other (you can see some black parts and stuff in them), this especially in mario64. Also, the background and the hand in mario is missing for me.

Last time i checked, some games refuse to run and just gives a black screen. For me, i tested mortal kombat triolgy (it was a bad rom, so i'm not sure here), and bettle racing.

Mario kart was missing almost all textures.

OP
linker

linker

Emutalk Member
I don't have such problems. Mario64, MarioKart, MK Trilogy work wonderful (without any problems) at full speed. Amazing plugin, amazing wrapper!

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
btw, is the next evoodoo going to be released in a date near that of the next glide64? or is there nothing planned?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
pj64er said:
btw, is the next evoodoo going to be released in a date near that of the next glide64? or is there nothing planned?
I haven't heard from mcleod since the unofficial release of 3.61 (NOT publicly released, beta version).
And from then, he has mentioned no release date.
And there's still much stuff that needs fixing.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
To paraphrase Wine: eVoodoo is not an emulator. It is an implementation of the 3Dfx Glide APIs on top of Direct3D (or OpenGL? Not sure).

Last edited:

McLeod

I'll release eVoodoo 3.2 this week. This release only will includes Glide3x.

New features:

- Windowed mode
- More functions implemented
- New Color Combiners
- Integration with Glide64 0.2
- More speed in fullscreen mode

:cool:

Glide2x version (eVoodoo 2.3) must be released soon but i must improve windowed mode for it.

eVoodoo GL will be released when i finish all combiners under OpenGL. A Linux port of eVoodooGL isn't discarded...
:linux: