What's new

Glide64 0.8 'Wonder' released

olivieryuyu

yes it's now out after months of efforts !!!!

Congratulations Gonetz and BIG thanks for this amazing work !!!!!!!

Enjoy the cool release and feel free to give a word about this cool plugin !!!

And please feel free to post bugs too as it's impossible to check 500 games under all situations !!!!

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
That sounds really good, especially the Paper Mario thing.

Testing so far:
Mystical Ninja + Wrapper = FIXED no more slowdown
Mickeys Speedway + Wrapper = BROKEN, the 3d models turn off randomly, like a flicker.

That's all for now...

Last edited:

Clements

ScottJC said:
Mystical Ninja + Wrapper = FIXED no more slowdown

I still get massive slowdowns in the intro when Goemon/Yae/Sasuke appear and when in-game and the camera is moving no matter what settings I try.

ScottJC said:
Mickeys Speedway + Wrapper = BROKEN, the 3d models turn off randomly, like a flicker.

I don't have this problem, but for me the intro I get some weirdness and I get black screens moving around the room menu. No problems in-game.

Clements

Here are some pics of the issues I get, using new Glide64 + new Hacktarux wrapper.

#1, 2: Screen shrinks momentarily after the ripple effect in intro;

#3: Black screen when moving to and from the room/character select screen.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I get stuff like this in the screenie, then in racing all the racers 3d models disappear.

olivieryuyu

look like a wrapper issue with glsl i think, may be coming from Napalm combiner extensions that was less tested during beta. try to use: do not use glsl combiner in option

Clements

This is what I get, still not perfect since the engine is wrong. I've downloaded some newer drivers and I'll see if they help with some of the issues. Some other games I've tried so far work better than Jabo's D3D8 1.6 (Quake 64, Super Mario 64, Dr Mario 64).

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
now, i guess i gotta move my ass to release mupen64 0.5 so that new glide64's framebuffer functions can be used :p

olivieryuyu

Clements said:
This is what I get, still not perfect since the engine is wrong. I've downloaded some newer drivers and I'll see if they help with some of the issues. Some other games I've tried so far work better than Jabo's D3D8 1.6 (Quake 64, Super Mario 64, Dr Mario 64).

hmm can you explain what you mean by the engine is wrong ?

Clements

On the real game, the engine picture changes to a larger engine with increasing difficulty. At the moment, only the Amateur engine is shown no matter what difficultly level is selected. No emulator/plugin combo emulates this yet, same with the lights before a race.

olivieryuyu

Clements said:
On the real game, the engine picture changes to a larger engine with increasing difficulty. At the moment, only the Amateur engine is shown no matter what difficultly level is selected. No emulator/plugin combo emulates this yet, same with the lights before a race.

ok thanks

Do you still have problems with this game with glsl off ?

I don't have any bugs you reported here (except starting lights and engine of course)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hacktarux said:
now, i guess i gotta move my ass to release mupen64 0.5 so that new glide64's framebuffer functions can be used :p
Even a 0.49 (or whatever) "full of bugs" release would be great. :p
Mupen's evolution is really impressive anyway. :D

Clements

I get the same on and off for all bugs I've mentioned so far. I'm going to try more drivers soon though since these could be OpenGL issues of some sort.

Edit: Updated from 76.45 to 77.62 - no change.

Last edited:
OP
T

Trotterwatch

CBFD with Hack's wrapper looks great but keeps on blacking out, every few seconds the screen will go totally black, then it will come back.

Zeckensacks wrapper doesn't have the blacking out issue and looks great, except for texture issues on Conkers head :)

Beatle Adventure Racing looks great in game, a bit of glitching on the title screen but nothing major.

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Love the new glide update.

Is it just me or does Wetrix seem to be bouncing? I was trying to play this with hack's wrapper on PJ64 and the game seems to bouncing on the screen.

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Wetrix doesn't bounce for me, it doesn't show the game screen properly though - only the top quarter or so.

On the whole there are definately more positives than negatives from initial testing (and all those are understandably with the wrapper or my driver config).

Rally Challenge 2000 looks great, slight glitch with rear view mirror (it blanks out when you hit the sides), also seems to run a little slow in the exterior view mode.

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
Wetrix doesn't bounce for me, it doesn't show the game screen properly though - only the top quarter or so.

On the whole there are definately more positives than negatives from initial testing (and all those are understandably with the wrapper or my driver config).

Rally Challenge 2000 looks great, slight glitch with rear view mirror (it blanks out when you hit the sides), also seems to run a little slow in the exterior view mode.

wetrix is a wrapper issue ...