What's new

Glide64 0.7 ME SP7

Martin

Administrator
Sorry about the delay, but <a href=http://www.ngemu.com>Kirby</a> has let us know that a new version of the popular <a href=http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/>Glide64</a> has been released, and here are the release notes:

<font class=post_quote><B>October, Saturday 9, 2004 - Glide64 ME Service Pack 7. Mega bugfix release! </B><BR>
The last bugfix release for Glide64 ME is ready. This time I have squashed many
nasty bugs which lived in Glide64 from the begining. All remaining problems require
a lot of investigations and/or serious modifications of source code. So, what is fixed
in this release:</P>

<LI><B>New texture checksum calculation algorithm.</B> Old algorithm was
developed yet by Dave2001 and worked untouched until now. This algorithm is pretty
fast, but not 100% reliable. In some rare cases it generates the same checksum for
different textures. In this case new texture will not be loaded and the old texture
with this checksum will be used. Sometime this problem has fatal consequences, e.g.
life meter in Shadowman is not updated when you take damages. To fix this problem, I
decided to use well known crc32 calculation algorithm for texture checksum. It works,
all known texture checksum problems are fixed now. However, nothing is for free.
New algorithm is generally 4 times more slow then the old one. If you have slow PC, you
may notice that. In this case, you may enable old texture checksum calculation algorithm in
the configuration dialog. List of fixed games includes Destruction Derby 64, Dual Heroes,
Knife Edge - Nose Gunner, Shadow Man, Tigger's Honey Hunt and others.
<LI><B>The automatic generation of the texture coordinates is fixed.</B>
The automatic generation of the texture coordinates is used for reflecting surfaces in many games.
This feature was also implemented by Dave2001,
and was not touched since that times. In many cases it did not work properly due to
use of wrong matrix. Only one identifier was changed, and now all reflecting surfaces look
much better on the run. Most noticeable changes are in Banjo-Tooie, Beetle Adventure Racing,
Spacestation Silicon Valley.
<LI><B>Vertex coordinates modification algorithm is improved.</B> Many games use vertex
modification command to modify already loaded vertices. Vertex coordinates modification
worked improprly for some games. I have replaced old algorithm by more simple, and what is
more important, more correct one. Now all games which use this command work perfectly
without any hacks. List of fixed games includes Disney's Tarzan, Dual Heroes, LEGO Racers
and others.
<LI><B>Texture stretch problem workaround.</B> Several games suffer from strange problem,
when some of texture coordinates have values which are two times larger then they must be. This causes
various texture stretch glitches. Well known example is Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. I believe that it's not
video plugin's problem, since texture coordinates are passed from emulator. Hovewer, it's unlikely that
this problem will be fixed soon. In previous versions I added several hacks to avoid this problem.
Now I have replaced them all by one mega hack, which can be easily removed when problem will be fixed.
I've also added new heuristics for CyberTiger, Polaris SnoCross, South Park - Chef's Luv Shack,
and Yoshi Story (Bone Dragon level) - these games are looking fine now.
<LI><B>Wrong blender usage is fixed.</B> I have changed alpha blend mode usage, missing geometry
problem in NBA Live 99 is fixed.
<LI><B>Alpha compare problem is fixed.</B> A very old problem in alpha compare mode is fixed,
and tokens in Disney's Tarzan are visible now.
<LI><B>Another alpha compare problem is fixed.</B> The second very old problem in alpha compare mode is fixed,
and all missing stuff in Choro Q games (wheels, walls) is visible now.
<LI><B>Yet another alpha compare problem is fixed.</B> Alpha compare in sprite microcode is fixed,
speedometer in V-Rally 99 looks correct again.
<LI><B>Depth compare problem in sprite microcode is fixed.</B> This fixes menus in Bomberman 64-The Second Attack.
<LI><B>Coordinate calculation in sprite microcode is fixed.</B> This fixes moving backgrounds in Flying Dragon.
<LI><B>4bit texture size calculation in sprite microcode is fixed.</B> This fixes text problems in Flying Dragon.
<LI><B>Matrix stack size problem is fixed.</B> This fixes intro in Spacestation Silicon Valley.
<LI><B>Weird fillrect removed.</B> There was a black rectangle in Cruis'n Exotica car selection screen, which spoiled all picture.
I removed it. Now this screen looks exactly as on real N64.
<LI><B>Too large tiles loading is fixed.</B> N64 games sometime uses tiles which are larger then N64 texture memory.
Example- trees in Zelda MM. Special fix was used to load such tiles correctly. However, this fix had a bug
which corrupted other textures. This bug is fixed.
<LI><B>Old bug in Sprite2D microcode is fixed.</B> No more missing gauges in Wipeout vehicle selection.
<LI><B>Old bug in fillrect is fixed.</B> Old, but rare becomes apparent bug in fillrect is found and fixed.
Now logo in Quake II and car selection screen in Roadsters Trophy looks correct.
<LI><B>Fix for depth problem in NFL Quarterback Club 99.</B> Depth compare is forced for shadows in this game.
<LI><B>New hack for Space Invaders.</B> I have added new hack to fix shield mode in this game.
<LI><B>Doraemon 2 backgrounds scale fix.</B> Logo is fixed in this game.
<LI><B>Earthworm Jim 3D depth fix.</B> This game had depth problem, which required special fix to be solved.
<LI><B>New ini settings.</B> I have added or changed special settings for many games.
<LI><B>Missing combiners implemented.</B> I have implemented many missing combiner modes. Now Glide64
supports <B>more then 1000 combiners</B>. That is, N64 games use thousands ways to draw polygons. And after
that people asking, why this system is so hard to emulate!
</LI>

Thanks to Federelli, gab, olivieryuyu and other active members of our message board, who just overloaded me with bug reports this time. Glide64 would never be so great without their help.</font>

Great job Gonetz, sounds like a smashing release! I just noticed the previous version of Glide64 (0.7 ME SP6) has had nearly 11000 downloads at Emulation64, which just proves how popular this plugin is. :inlove:

The download is available at our <a href=http://www.emulation64.com/downloads.php?section=gpu>GPU plugins section</a>, as always. :)

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Thank you!

Now I think this plugin is the most advanced! because it is able to display Extreme-g 1+2 nearly without any glitches! ;) My favorite games!!
The only thing that is missing in all games is the fog! so in some games polygons are plopping out of nowhere.(maybe a fix for the next version ;) ) I don't know if it is because of the plugin or because of the great wrapper that comes with this great plugin! :party:
and thanx for your great ini settings oliveryuyu and federelli.
its great to see that many work in progress ;)
and since mupen64_hle_rsp_azimer and AziSndLLE i have a clear sound in 1964!
I love you all!

verta

Im getting a error in windows 2003 server exception in emulation thread.

Last edited:

verta

I'll give you a funny look back.

anywayz, yes this happens for every game.

windows 2000 server works fine.

milen

reapern66 said:
I'll give you a funny look back.

anywayz, yes this happens for every game.

windows 2000 server works fine.

The problem is probably with your drivers. Try differen drivers, windows 2003 is not supported by any current Voodoo drivers but it may work with some of them :).
Good luck

verta

For the stupid people on the forum. Lets see if i have a ati 9800pro aiw and it requires a glide wrapper to work with glide64, possibly the glide wrapper doesnt work in 2k3server and gpu plugin works fine.

-Shadow-

Banned
reapern66 said:
For the stupid people on the forum. Lets see if i have a ati 9800pro aiw and it requires a glide wrapper to work with glide64, possibly the glide wrapper doesnt work in 2k3server and gpu plugin works fine.

1. Watch the way you speak...

2. Sorry i didn't understand the whole context... You use Multiple OS' , right ? Then whats the problem ?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
This plugin works great. Don't have a voodoo anymore, but it just looks fantastic. Fixed Starfox for me, makes Zelda play really nicely, Shadows of the empire is great up to the train level (then your character dissapears, haha, and the backgrounds are finally there for me in Ogre Battle. Nicely done!
- Modem

Clements

reapern66 said:
Im getting a error in windows 2003 server exception in emulation thread.

Does this happen with all OpenGL plugins (eg. glN64())? If so, it's probably drivers.

verta

hey shadow might want to take a communication class, because the way you responded with your orginal post wasnt very friendly. If you got insulted I do apologize, but please be a little less rude when you post.

Other GPU plugins work perfect! :(

that would be a sad face not because other plugins work, its because glide64 doesnt.

Last edited: