glide 0.7ME SP7 is out

ggab

Emutalk Member
exactly!!

> quite impressive < yeah ;)

and, there are some Screen Shots From Games Fixed In The Last Sp:
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5505

PS: pay attention if u have a low end or slow PC

New texture checksum calculation algorithm.
.........I decided to use well known crc32 calculation algorithm for texture checksum. It works, all known texture checksum problems are fixed now. However, nothing is for free. New algorithm is generally 4 times more slow then the old one. If you have slow PC, you may notice that. In this case, you may enable old texture checksum calculation algorithm in the configuration dialog.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This plugin + Hacktarux rocks the house.. I can't remember BK ever looking this good... I dunno, but Banjo-Kazooie definatly seems a bit more colorful than with other plugins.

Plus this does a better job at Sillicon valley than Direct64 does.. Now i can finally enjoy that game on my PC too.

M

mike kkm

i agree this plug in is awsome. i tried mario tans on this and it looks great with my ati 8500. awsome job on it. also some other games work grate on it. keep up the good work.

-Shadow-

Banned
ScottJC said:
This plugin + Hacktarux rocks the house.. I can't remember BK ever looking this good... I dunno, but Banjo-Kazooie definatly seems a bit more colorful than with other plugins.

Plus this does a better job at Sillicon valley than Direct64 does.. Now i can finally enjoy that game on my PC too.

I agree , games are looking generally more colorful with glide ! I've tested the glide2x wrapper of unian Catalyst with summoner . The facial textures of the characters , for example are looking like a typical 16-bit texture with direct3D ( There are color steps in the faces ) but with glide the color steps are nearly gone .

GE Master

I'm opening myself for flaming, but I'm going to say it. I would love to figure out and use this new plugin. I checked out the links and screens. One major comment. Why can't you guys post screens of the 2 most popular games on the n64, goldeneye and perfect dark? I haven't checked in a week or so but when this was first mentioned there weren't any. Just wondering, why wouldn't you make a point of posting screens of these games? As you know there are certain elements of both those games that feature graphical errors with jabos. Thanks, just some honest criticism.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well you're in for a disappointment then, Goldeneye isn't totally perfect for this either, perfect dark on the other hand looks nice but has playstation like textures, these could be issues with the wrapper or the glide64 plugin itself, needless to say I doubt it comes to your unreasonably high standards.

I'm also guessing that PD will have the same trouble with the sky in its 4th level.

I never cared much for goldeneye/perfect dark as much as Banjo kazooie, love that game, now theres a game glide64 gets completely right in every way (least as far as i've played).

I really doubt these games will EVER be perfect, these aren't the easiest to emulate in fact they are the hardest of the lot, so don't hold your breath.

I thought it was the zelda's that were the most popular.

Last edited:

GE Master

Thanks those screens are great! I'm just wondering if you know about the spy cam/slayer cam and if they are correct. The temple and surface trees in GoldenEye were really the only graphical problems I've encountered with other plugins. I'm all over this plugin if they are working. Not sure how my radeon 9500 pro will work out tho. I will spread the word about this plugin as best I can. btw, I'd agree on Zelda buy I was talking more from a multiplayer perspective of popularity. Thanks dood.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
If the sky worked i dare say the surface level would be perfect, the tree's show up, anyway, still look rather odd though "black lines around them"

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Some non-goldeneye games that appear to work better than in Jabos plugins:

Extream G2, no cheats, I can see perfectly.

F-Zero, car colors are correct.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Need I mention the near perfection of Space station silicon valley, I love glide64 and hack's wrapper!

Clements

ScottJC said:
...the tree's show up...

Wow, can't think of another plugin that can display them properly. That was a long-standing issue. With slight fixes to the trees and a fixed sky, the game will finally look great.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yup, its impressive, Glide64 rules, btw set CF to 3 and this game will perform fine (at least for me), Glide64 seems to be doing something different video wise, as the audio will play at its usual rate despite the frames per second, great stuff from Gonetz and Hack, those two in combination could make the ultimate video plugin for everyone.

I really hope hack works more on the wrapper because it brings Glide64 to everyone, I honestly think glide64 is the best video plugin now.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Wee, i'm really starting to enjoy this, taking screenies and all...

Heres 2 of star fox 64 and one of star wars episode 1 racer

GE Master

Wow, I got to tell you this is really exciting. Pefect Dark looks amazing!! The spycam!! Yes. Not sure about the Slayer, but I'm sure it must be correct also. Oddly Rice plugin, version before last had corrected the trees and temple textures but the most recent had the problems again. Anyways, great stuff with this. I do have problems though and that is, from what I've read the process of getting this plugin to work with a radeon 9500pro is an adventure. Oh well. I'm unsure about those textures on the surface with the sky. Perhaps you could check out the temple and see what that's like. Not sure if the gameshark codes for skys would correct issues with that. Thanks.