What's new

GFX problem

Fool

Me
AH I don't want to post "Dolphin has terrible graphic! Do something with it!". I was getting great graphic before I have format my comp. I tried Dolphin and I was very suprised. My first tried game was Naruto 2. As you know if card suppoert shaders you can play a lot. Only problem was speed. Now after format every thing 3D goes black for me. In every game. What I need to do ? Please.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Yup, your drivers need to be updated to the correct version for advanced shader/effect support. Get em from the ATI website (or your video card CD).

Clements

The 5700 is better since it has much higher clocks, but a 5700 LE are quite good overclockers and will usually overclock to 5700 speeds.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
The LE series were "watered down", but as Clements said, they're still not too bad. (Though actually, the entire FX series wasn't really that great. They lacked important features, and had a number of fixed function pipeline glitches). The radeons (9200 and up) were much stabler cards...

OP
Fool

Fool

Me
Thanks. I am so stupid :). I've forgot about such simple thing as drivers are. Thanks again. Ah one more question what is PS 3.0 ? My friend has Radeon 9700 and he has it. My card have only 2.0 :S

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Fool said:
Thanks. I am so stupid :). I've forgot about such simple thing as drivers are. Thanks again. Ah one more question what is PS 3.0 ? My friend has Radeon 9700 and he has it. My card have only 2.0 :S

I believe PS 3.0 is what the mermaid in Clements' sig was made with by Nvidia. However, I don't think the Radeon 9000' series has 3.0 at all; you'd have to get a newer Radeon for that feature.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
ShizZie said:
The LE series were "watered down", but as Clements said, they're still not too bad. (Though actually, the entire FX series wasn't really that great. They lacked important features, and had a number of fixed function pipeline glitches). The radeons (9200 and up) were much stabler cards...

You're right, they're like a Radeon 9600 SE.

raksmey1309

Thanks. I am so stupid . I've forgot about such simple thing as drivers are. Thanks again. Ah one more question what is PS 3.0 ? My friend has Radeon 9700 and he has it. My card have only 2.0 :S
PS 3.0=Pixel Shader 3.0 it is the latest technology that make the graphic even better.
and Does LE really stand for "Limit Edition"?

DOGG

Fool said:
Ah one more question what is PS 3.0 ? My friend has Radeon 9700 and he has it. My card have only 2.0 :S
Only the Nvidia 6xxx series has PS 3.0. PS = pixel shader. It's used for making fancy graphics effects.

raksmey1309 said:
Does LE really stand for "Limit Edition"?
Probably Light Edition

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
No, chances are that's perfectly fine for what you (probably) use it for. In my opinion, cards like the 6*** series are really only worth it for either developers, or really really serious gamers. Your card is a good card.