What's new

getting a CDI file to run

Yamaraja

I just downloaded it but it turned out to be a CDI file and I can't figure out how to run it. do I have to convert it and how would I do that?

OP
Y

Yamaraja

awesome, it works great. but how would you go about getting a controller to work on it? I got v1.0 so I don't know if that's the latest one but it doesn't work with a controller.

Last edited:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
On the nullDC input configuration, they suggest you use Joy2Key, but you can also use Xpadder. Both are programs that "emulate" (not sure if it's the right word :B) the keyboard on your joystick.

OP
Y

Yamaraja

is there a guide on how to use it with nullDC? nothing else came with it to show you how to use it.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Dunno about Joy2Key. Xpadder just download any of the controller images (like the DC one :) ) and create a .xpaddercontroller using this image and place your control buttons, D-pad and analog stick, on where it should be on a DC controller. Then just config each button, D-pad and analog stick for the default keyboard configuration of nullDC.

If you still can't get it to work, you can use this tutorial: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t21675.html
Although I had some problems with his custom .xpaddercontroller.

Last edited:
OP
Y

Yamaraja

works great. there's one small problem left. the menus in Soul Calibur don't work right and some of the backgrounds are a little messed up. do you know the best plugins to use for Soul Calibur? not a big deal but would like to fix it if I can.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
The current nullDC version doesn't run SC 100%, maybe in one of their future updates it gets fixed.The Chankast video plugin that comes with nullDC solves some graphical problems for SC, but also create others... See if it solves your problem.

OP
Y

Yamaraja

ah shit, this is gonna take a while.

well I have three different controllers plugged in but they all control player 1 and the emulator thinks only one is plugged in. I have an adapter that lets you use the ps2 controller on your pc and you can have 2 controllers plugged into it. and I have an old pc controller I put into the 2nd usb port to see if that worked but all 3 controllers control player 1. and under config, it only shows "config for player 1". here's a picture.

ffffff.jpg

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You know, it would help a lot if you'd set active controller plugins for Ports B through D as well, and not just for Port A by default (via Options --> Select Plugins).

OP
Y

Yamaraja

fixed all problems. thanks for answering all my questions.

but now I found out there's no netplay. that means I spent the last few hours with this when I'll only play it against my friends maybe once a week. ain't that a bitch? haha

Last edited:

Agozer

Even when there are netplay controller plugins selectable, the netplay features didn't make it into the first release. Of course, you'd know this had you read the Readme.txt that came with the emulator.

OP
Y

Yamaraja

man, there's another problem. all of a sudden it's saying it can't load Soul Calibur data and check the VMU. I didn't change anything that I remember, the only thing I did was go into xpadder and set controller settings for player 2 and saved them. so I didn't do anything in the emu. any idea why it would say that all of a sudden?

Agozer

Again, make sure that all controller ports have at least one VMS/VMU attached to them.