What's new

General PS3 thread

WhiteX

It should be, Playstation franchise is keeping them on business, they must put the best man on the job, or else...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ken is the "father" of Playstation. Yet even he must bow, as the president, to the will of the board. Meh. I wonder if this new one will get the whole thing going again.

smegforbrain

Will this be a new era for Sony?

It's hard to say at this point.

The guy was only in charge of SCE, so he can't be blamed for the rest of Sony's mistakes in the last year or two. So even while SCE is making all the money for Sony these days, obviously the bigwigs from Sony itself decided a change was needed to help get things back on track.

I think the PS3 will be successful and keep Sony going, but Sony has got to work to clean up its image as a whole after all these snafus.

Allnatural

The lack of component and/or HDMI cables is probably the most egregious imo. They're intent on forcing Blu-ray but don't bother to supply the hook-ups necessary to truly enjoy it. Stupid.

As for the controller problems? I hope they offer wired controllers at some point; that way I could avoid potential problems. I never cared for wireless controllers anyway. And for what it's worth, I've seen numerous, anecdotal complaints about the Wii controllers constantly losing sync. Hopefully both issues will be ironed out in the coming months.

As for everything else? I don't care about the online stuff, nor the PSP connectivity, custom soundtracks, memory cards...

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

As for the controller problems? I hope they offer wired controllers at some point; that way I could avoid potential problems problems. I never cared for wireless controllers anyway. And for what it's worth, I've seen numerous, anecdotal complaints about the Wii controllers constantly losing sync. Hopefully both issues will be ironed out in the coming months.

Theres a potential of 7 controllers to hook up.
...I wonder how they do split screen for that.

or if you were talking about the Wii, wires would be a mess with all of that swinging. You might knock the console on the floor... then again, Nintendo makes their products so durable you wouldnt have to worry.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Well, I finally got to give a personal test run on a PS3 the other night, and I must say it was nothing short of AWESOME. Got a few hours in with it at a friend's house (who had it hooked up to a 42" 1080p HDTV) and it was alot more defined and sharper than even some of the videos have shown. New controller feels nice and responsive, and the console is extremely quiet. Console case is shiny as hell, and has a very nice next gen look to it. Loading times seem to be about the same as that on a PS2 (and that's without running off an install on the hard drive), so I'd say loading times aren't an issue. All in all, a great experience.:D

Doomulation

Well, I wouldn't write off loading times just yet. Maybe we should take a look at more games. Maybe you should try an install too and see how loading times vary. Might be interesting to know.
They also say that the case really likes to suck up fingerprints.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
I would have tried more games, but only had 2 to give a shot with, that being Resistance and a GT HD demo. Both had loading screens that I timed, with Resistance being the longest with a 16 second load screen. Average seemed to be ~10 though. I'll try to get some more time in with it and see what it's like going off the hard drive (if I can convince my friend to let me do that). As for fingerprints, yeah, it has no problems getting them if the forensics police wanted to find any of yours, the PS3 is the best place to look:p Though, I was amazed at how easy they wiped off with a light wipe using a tissue.

Doomulation

...I'm speechless. Further, it also shows how greedy people are.
Omaha's CW - Home - Baby Trade for PS3

If you're curious, here is who buys a PS3 and who buys a Revolution: Wii: Women. PS3: Creepy Dudes. - Kotaku!
It really seems Sony is having more problem manufacturing PS3's than they let off: Sony Japan Continues To Struggle With PS3 Supply // News Nowhere near the 400.000 & 100.000 units allocated for USA & Japan respectively. More like 170.000.
Sony will open its own site for selling games and movies: Smarthouse - Retailers - is this a blessing or a curse?

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
smegforbrain said:
Ouch. I wonder if any of those folks will be getting a visit from Social Services in the near future.
I sincerely hope so. ANYONE willing to jeapordize their children's safety for ANY console deserves to have their parental rights questioned. It's ridiculous that anyone even would have agreed to do it.

Doomulation

Well, you know, you can't judge a system based on who would buy it or do crazy things for it.;)

I know, but it's still funny to see who buys the system.

Hey, have a look at this: Liar, liar ... PS3 didn't create any fire :: DESTRUCTOID :: Hardcore gaming blog
This guy thought he could get away with blaming the PS3 for burning down his house. But it's all a lie: he did not have a home nor a PS3.
And I guess Sony got a little upset after that story as they threatened him to tell the public it was a scam (sony had received concerned calls from customers).

I'm thinking... Sony is afraid of Nintendo's new console and is therefore trying to copy from them: News4Gamers.com: PS3 News : Sony files Patent for a new Motion Sensing Device

Last edited:

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Final Fantasy versus XIII trailer released.

From what I understand, it's Kingdom Hearts style gameplay in a Final Fantasy game, and Square-Enix has finally released the trailer. Enjoy.:D