What's new

Gcube 0.4 Compiled

BATMAN

Does anyone know where we can download a compiled version of 0.4? I don't have the software to compile it my self yet. oh yeah I tried google before posting this.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hmph... that source is a mess. It cannot be compiled by any normal means. Unless you re-write a lot of it... that is, I've only tried msvc++ 2003.

spect0r

errrr....
could someone compile the windows binary and upload it somewhere(rapidshare for example)because i cant compile it myself(stuck on last step(command:make) :ala:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
spect0r said:
errrr....
could someone compile the windows binary and upload it somewhere(rapidshare for example)because i cant compile it myself(stuck on last step(command:make) :ala:

It won't work compiled I don't believe, it only works on Linux. Lucky we got it that far..

smcd

I'm downloading cygwin right now. If it compiles successfully I'll attach it for you lot. :p

smcd

I couldn't get it to compile and link properly, it kept complaining about undefined references to items that were in another source unit (gx_texture.o and hw_gx.o were the 2 most troublesome iirc).

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
good job XTale!
its working well here (at least theres no weird crahing or anything)
tested a few games real quick and games like 1080 can go ingame. most games at least show something

smcd

XTale I tried following the cygwin documented route and didn't get it working even after messing with the source and makefile, so I gave up since I wasn't too interested in it anyhow. :p Nice to see you went ahead and got it working in mingw :)

JinXD

Nice one! Testing.....

EDIT: Hmmm, I just get an SDL.dll file missing error.
EDIT2: Nah it's ok once I put SDL.dll into the same folder as the exe....

Last edited:

Clements

I got really far with Luigi's Mansion, up to the bird on the branch in the intro with funky grey polygons, and BAM3000 is faster in Gcube than under Dolphin.

Gorxon

Administrator
Clements said:
I got really far with Luigi's Mansion, up to the bird on the branch in the intro with funky grey polygons, and BAM3000 is faster in Gcube than under Dolphin.

Uh? I got 2-3 FPS in BAM...took me many mins to get to the second screen. Any idea what might be wrong?

Clements

Perhaps a driver issue. I was getting 55-60 fps with Gcube 0.4, a bit less with Dolphin. You should be getting a similar speed.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Wine kept giving me errors when I tried it using Knoppix. Blasted thing, I have no experience with Linux. ¬_¬