What's new

GC: Mario Kart Double Dash!!

2fast4u

the tour cups arent significantly harder than the others, you just need to free about 40 minutes of time for the 16 races :)

ah yeah, i beat the game yesterday, pwn. :happy:

My loyal team of Toad and Toadette with the Toad cart is almost unstoppable!

i second that :D

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
2fast4u said:
i second that :D

Too bad you can't choose your characters/kart when you're playing online then, guys!

I'll have my broadband working on the 29th Dec, so I'm ready for a few WP battles then. Who else is fully set up and ready to go? blizz?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I have this game, I must say it is very addictive.

They really improved the 150cc mode because I don't remember Mario Kart 64 being this hard, i love a challenge :)

I like how you can have 2 characters like Bowser Jr and paratrooper and have 2 special weapons, one being the 3 shells, which is awesome.

The tracks are awesome, the music and sound are awesome.

I give this game 5/5.

in responce to OCTuuk: (sorry i can't resist this)
this game has cars not karts? what is a kart basicly? it essentially is a car, so what are you complaining about?

The racing and the items are just as important as one another, if you're in 8th place you get much better items than someone in first place, so its not just "pure luck", the further you are in the pack the worse the items are, everyone has equal chance to win.

The fact that you are not good at this game does not mean it is a bad game it means you're a bad player, you shouldn't be playing on 150cc if you can't play that very well.

You can defend yourself, it just takes different methods, IE when a red shell is after you throw a green shell back the way and it will stop it.

The AI uses the items more in this game than mario kart 64, making it harder, so deal with it.

The blue spiked thing is from Mario Kart 64, and its supposed to go after number 1 and you couldn't avoid it in that game either.

Mario Kart DD is a mario kart game, it has mario in it, it has karts, it has red shells, green shells, mushroom boosts. IT IS MARIO KART!!!

This game is not supposed to be a racing sim is it? it is about fun/enjoyment and multiplayer and I feel it achieves this.

2fast4u

Jaz said:
Too bad you can't choose your characters/kart when you're playing online then, guys!

I'll have my broadband working on the 29th Dec, so I'm ready for a few WP battles then. Who else is fully set up and ready to go? blizz?

meh, ill kick your ass with any other as well ;) btw, the last extra kart you receive coupled with a heavyweight character is a real killer combination.

im still waiting for my 5m crossover cable (2,50€ at ebay, 30€ at my local store :whistling) which should arrive within the next few days, then im ready to go. :icecream:

should be very interesting to see how warppipe performs, and like i know things well probably run into some configuration related troubles first...

Last edited:

Hyper190

Banned
Hah!!!

2fast4u said:
meh, ill kick your ass with any other as well ;) btw, the last extra kart you receive coupled with a heavyweight character is a real killer

You think you can beat anyone huh well you just wait then :akuma:

HaHaHa

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
2fast4u said:
read the guide on warppipe that i posted.

Around July the 15th, I should be getting a Broadband adapter and the HUB, I'll race you if I do get it. Watch me lose. :)

vleespet

The decent one
Around november/december 2003 this thread has been written, and you are posting this around may 2004 when this thread has already been died, so don't dig it out!

Last edited:

2fast4u

actually this post is useful since jaz has mysteriously buggered out of here and thus our online plans were never put into practice :p

vile, pm me when you get your bba and we can give online play a shot for sure.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
2fast4u said:
actually this post is useful since jaz has mysteriously buggered out of here and thus our online plans were never put into practice

Boo. ;)

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Funny - was thinking about this today.

Did anyone actually try MK Online?

JinXD

Nope but I will as soon as my exchange gets upgraded to take broadband, should be done the end of February :D

Burnpro

Supar ***
i have a gamecube now with 4 controllers and mkdd... but just wondering how with the broadband adapter can you play online since this game only support lan play.

btw guys you must be fast riders for me to get that broadband adapter (around US$120 here ).

Burnpro

Supar ***
thx jinxD,

ive found an annoying bug in this game... (isnt a bug itself but i think its pretry annoying.) when you are playing 2vs or 3 or 4 only the player1 control the pause menu, in mk64 everybody could pause the game like it should. what are your thoughs ?

ShadowDamien

Shadow's Secret Clone
Jaz said:
The most annoying part is not being able to "save yourself" when you run over a bannana, like in the 64 version.

Yeah, but then again, it makes you dogde the bannanas now.

Can't forget shifting your car from side-to-side, that has saved me more than the jumping has.

RAINBOW ROAD IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSES IN THE GAME!!!

Seriously, it's basically a tradition to have Rainbow Road in MK.