OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
2fast4u said:
yeah, you should. good plan :D.

Yeah, plan of the fucking year. ;)

2fast4u said:
i just dunno when the fuck to play it with mario kart and f-zero at hand.

Yeah, I got that dilema too. Was playing F-Zero today, actually. And I bought Super Smash Bros Melee on Players Choice yesterday, too, so the missus and I haven't put that down for a bit. Can't believe I never picked that one up sooner. (Will probably be my next review, kids!). :D

OCTuuk

Wrong Jaz

Guess what I disagree

Your review Jaz has left one thing behind. Not the part of looking briliant or sounding great, but the fact of being a Kart game. I got really frustrated when the screenshots of this game first appeared. Every character has his own car!! Its now Mario Car racing, and it sucks

Second of all the fact that I don't feel that I'm good at the game
I Play Mario Kart 64 for 3 years now and I know every corner and every Item from top to bottom. (Did you guys btw know that you can hold 2, maybe 3 red shields of with one tiny banana:D) This game is much faster (nothing wrong with a fast game btw) but its also much more, erm.. Crowdier(? i'm dutch) When me and my Friend played the game the first time, of course directly in 150CC:) We got 1st or 8th, it made no difference how good we took the corners It's all in the Items.

What I'm trying to say is that you don't race the game, you dodge the gap in the road while you're shooting yourself to the top.

The Blue spiked shield is a laughter. It floats to the no 1 , which has no chance of dodging it, and causes a nuclear explosion.

Conclusion, the game is completly based on luck, it sucks

2,5 out 5 stars

please react (and don't mind my English, I'm from The Netherlands)

2fast4u

Its now Mario Car racing, and it sucks

*shrug* what the hell difference does it make if you are driving a fucking kart or a stylish themed car? the second possibility is "slightly" more interesting for a) the game designer and b) the gamer.

Second of all the fact that I don't feel that I'm good at the game

well, strangely i am :satisfied ... practice boy, practice! :p

ok, the game indeed has about 40% driving and 60% shooting content, but that was basically what mario kart has been about forever... mk64 anyone?. now judging from your conclusion you probably played 4 or 5 races and then gave up on it. id suggest you hang in there, it will grow on you.

Clements

Just got Double Dash!! (along with F-Zero-GX and Metroid Prime no less) and it is superb!

Been caning it a bit for a few hours, got myself seven golds in 1-Player, and beat my cousin 11-4 on the multiplayer (Yeah!). The game is better than my other two purchases- I'll be playing this one for a while yet.

Must say that if you are in second to forth place, you are screwed basically with shite power-ups so it is impossible to chase the guy in first. The 'super' power-ups are much stronger than those in MK64 and actually make more of a difference (The chain chomp is fun-nay!). I should beat it this week... although I still haven't worked out how to get a turbo start! The CPU don't cheat as bad as in MK64- you can beat them by over 15 seconds in 50CC.

Sole gripe: Where's Toad?
I have to choose Baby Luigi and the Green Koopa Troopa for my acceleration thrills instead.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
OCTuuk said:
Its now Mario Car racing.

Who cares? Kart/car.. tomato/tomatoe..

I don't feel that I'm good at the game

So as 2fast4u said, practice.

What I'm trying to say is that you don't race the game, you dodge the gap in the road while you're shooting yourself to the top.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The Blue spiked shield is a laughter. It floats to the no 1 , which has no chance of dodging it, and causes a nuclear explosion.

Kinda' the point.

Conclusion, the game is completly based on luck, it sucks

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

2,5 out 5 stars

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I feel it's the most entertaining game I've played in years.

Clements

Jaz said:
Haven't played it much, then? ;)

/me gets very excited... Toad, could he be a secret character?

/me checks GameFAQs... he is! Now I have motivation to unlock the little bugger! Yay! I almost cried when I didn't see him in the starting line-up! :p

OCTuuk

You say MK64 is based on shooting as well

But MK64 is far more tactical. Holding a shield behind you on the right times etc etc. The change characters in MKDD is neglectable if you shoot twice in no use changing. When you look at it the other way: MKDD is no Mariokart game. Then it's a good/fun racing game. But the matter of fact is: it is!!!. Everyone has such fun playing it. And you can always think "Let him talk, it will drift away" BUT MARK MY WORDS IF I SAY: THIS AI'NT THE REAL DEAL!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Mario kart has always been about (at least mk64 and up) about getting good items...because constantly, the computer will cheat (it can actually drive faster then you at your top speed *shrug*), so whatever you do, you *need* items to blast the computer and reclaim the first place...
that's the way of mk.

But it's still fun, nevertheless...

Clements

Matata said:
Why does everybody have a GC exept me? :cry:

Go buy one! :happy:

Only £79.99 in the UK, £99.99 with a game. The GC has plenty to shout about now (Yay!)

vleespet

The decent one
I've bought a GC + Mariokart double dash a small week ago, and it's pretty good. I also bought 007 nightfire and some nice accesoires (like the gb player which I reviewed).

Hyper190

Banned
Who is up for some Warppipe action!!! I am.

Just got one question what do you need to get every
thing up and running

computer (how fast)???
Broadband internet access
gamecube(Duh)
BB adapter???
Mario kart DD (of coarse)
warpipe software.

going to get the bb adapter, but dont i need
a cable to hook up the bb adapter to the cable modem?
Tell me every thing Jaz I need to know this.!!

Clements

19 Gold cups for me... just one Gold left for me to get, All-Tour Cup in Mirror mode. Haven't attempted it yet, but I know its going to be a bastard!

It was pretty lucky the way I won All-Tour in 150CC, two of the better CPU guys kept switching places in races so all I needed was a few firsts and a lot of seconds to win! If I beat the last cup I'll get an alternative title screen and some cart. :w00t:

My loyal team of Toad and Toadette with the Toad cart is almost unstoppable! :happy: