What's new

gba emulation on a slow pc

which gba emulator is the fastest one???
i want 2 play it on a 166 mhz 2mb gfx with 32 mb's of RAM
i've tried visual boy advance and tried everything but it keeps running @ ~10% of the speed in the menu of zelda 4 swords:(
sorry for my bad english

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No GBA emulator will give you playable speeds with specs like those. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Clements

It is comparatively less powerful, but still requires a 500MHz processor for semi-smooth operation. You £1 processor does not cut it here.

smcd

timmyhawky your best bet would be to try the No$GBA (probably the DOS edition run inside an actual instance of DOS not a "dos box/console" would be faster than the Windows one, but you could try both of them).
http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

spotanjo3

Most people consider Visual Boy Advance the best emulator than No$GBA and No$GBA is the second best GBA emulator. Best of all, VBA is free and very active right now.

smcd

I suggested No$GBA because all the no$ emulators have very moderate (some low!) system requirements and given the PC he's wanting to use, it would be a good thing to try.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
sethmcdoogle said:
I suggested No$GBA because all the no$ emulators have very moderate (some low!) system requirements and given the PC he's wanting to use, it would be a good thing to try.
I didn't say that your suggestion wasn't good. In fact, I dare say that the DOS port of No$GBA is the best and only option. Still, the specs are so low that even No$GBA wouldn't get much in terms of framerate.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, my friend had a PC twice that fast and only managed to get about 6fps/jerky emulation out of VBA. Get better hardware - even with parts that are several years old you should be able to get more than decent play with GBA emulation.