What's new

Games won't load

pika

It reads my games but they won't load, it just stays in the bios.

I have win2k, Chankast 02.5 I think and daemon tools

OP
P

pika

I've tried Sonic Adventure 2,MVSC 2 and Powerstone 1.and they're all selfboot I think

Trotterwatch

pumpkinlad said:
No offense, but there is nothing in the FAQ about checking whether a DC game is selfboot or not.

pika, read this:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=22744
No offense, but you'll find my comment WAS relevant as was Psyman's advice to ensure that it was checked. I didn't pass judgement on whether the games were selfboot or not. There is however some GENERAL advice worth checking out.

I also know this person from another forum, and know that he occassionally doesn't check the obvious ;)

Last edited:

pumpkinlad

Trotterwatch said:
No offense, but you'll find my comment WAS relevant as was Psyman's advice to ensure that it was checked. I didn't pass judgement on whether the games were selfboot or not. There is however some GENERAL advice worth checking out.

I also know this person from another forum, and know that he occassionally doesn't check the obvious ;)

Well, as much as the FAQ is important information to read before you jump right in, it doesn't contain the be-all end-all answers for every subject covered on here. Plus, it seems to be easier to direct people to want they need exactly then have them read and search for it because 9 times of 10 they won't read and will come back with the same general questions.

In short, the FAQ here for the most part is as you said very general info and more detailed information can be found by searching.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The FAQ is general info? You must be kidding. It guides people in order to solve specific problems regarding the emulator (and only the emulator). Of course it should also be used as general info as it can help others on finding possible solutions to their problems (If not, an ET member will eventually help)
You should also know that anyone that has a Dreamcast knows when a game is selfbootable or not, how to format a memory card and how to change the language (these three are very common questions). If you use Chankast you supposedly have or had a Dreamcast (or at least you should).

Last edited:

pumpkinlad

PsyMan said:
The FAQ is general info? You must be kidding. It guides people in order to solve specific problems regarding the emulator (and only the emulator). Of course it should also be used as general info as it can help others on finding possible solutions to their problems (If not, an ET member will eventually help)

Let me reword what I said then: It isn't as detailed as most posts.

It gives for the most part a jumping off point, which is it's main purpose for beginners, but it seems alot of questions that appear in it also are being asked in the forum because of lack of detail, which is something you get from posting a question to other members.

PsyMan said:
You should also know that anyone that has a Dreamcast knows when a game is selfbootable or not, how to format a memory card and how to change the language (these three are very common questions). If you use Chankast you supposedly have or had a Dreamcast (or at least you should).

If you own a DC and it's games legally, you shouldn't know the difference between selfboot or not unless you are attempting to backup games.

:saint:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You're right :p
Some people are too dummy so they need step by step guidance (that's why we're here).
But there are some other guys (many) that do not read anything and just post and post and post asking for help or illegal matterial...
Of course if you own a backup then you should also own a DC and played the backup with it (except if you wanna play games for free without buying the real console).
I've seen people that do not even know how to use a DC but they want to play its games for free even though they didn't buy the real console but prefered another one (PS1 or PS2 some years ago). That's why DC died.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
From the FAQ that you've "read":

<b>Q:</b> I can't make Chankast work under Windows 2K, why?<br />
<b>A:</b> Make sure that you have the latest ASPI drivers installed and selected the ASPI CD-ROM interface from the plugin configuration.<br />
<font color=red><b>IMPORTANT NOTES:</b></font> If you get a "can't read TOC from x:drive" error you may have to install ASPI drivers v4.71 from <a href="http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?language=English+US&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe&sess=no" target="_blank"><u>HERE</u></a> and after that install v4.60 from <a href="http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FOperating+System%2FMicrosoft+Windows+95&filekey=aspi32.exe" target="_blank"><u>HERE</u></a> in order to make it work.<br />

You must not have custom IDE drivers installed when installing the ASPI drivers (use the IDE drivers that come with windows). If you have, the emulator will probably crash. To unistall any custom IDE drivers do the following:<br />
Go into the windows device manager and then to the ATA/ATAPI controllers section. Then select the IDE controller and then the drivers tab and click update drivers. Then select choose driver from list and then check show all hardware. Finally install the 'Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller' and reboot. After that, install the ASPI drivers.