What's new

Games that support the expansion pack.

jdsony

After searching the forums and searching with google I can't seem to find a list of games that support the 4mb expansion pack.

I found the odd tidbit of information on a couple games but nothing extensive. Anyone know of a list that lists all the games and what the expansion pack does for the game? It doesn't really matter much from an emulation stand point but I also casually collect the actual games. I have a black N64 with no expansion pack with Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Bomberman 64, Conker, Perfect Dark, Star Wars SOTE (can't remember what else) and I recently bought a Jungle Green n64 with an expansion pack and some more games like Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Tooie, Mario Golf, and Blast Corps, Tony Hawk (all in box with instructions). I already have Perfect Dark which I know requires the expansion pack for single player, hi-res and multiplayer with more than 2 people.

Guru64

Rayman 2 - The great escape: Not required, higher resolution
Donkey Kong 64: Required to play, needs the extra memory
Zelda - Majora's Mask: Required to play, needs the extra memory
Pokémon Stadium 2: Not required, higher resolution

Those are the only I remember, but I believe that a certain Castlevania game also supported it.

Allnatural

A bit time consuming, but you could search through the PJ64 rdb file for most (if not all) games that use the expansion. Search for the phrase "RDRAM Size=8"

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Turok 2 and above uses the expansion pack for higher res apparently.. not that i notice the difference hehe