What's new

gamepad/keyboard options

smegforbrain

Ok. The N64 has a lot of buttons, and in weird places.

Any opinions on what is the best gamepad to go with to try and use for N64?

I'm also trying to get a feel for what keyboard keys I want to assign for what's remaining as well. Hopefully I can arrange something that feels pretty comfortable and doesn't interrupt game play alot.

I've seen an adapter that allows you to hook up a PSX controller to USB, which would be awfully close atleast - would just be short a few buttons then.

2fast4u

best - real n64 gamepad on adaptoid

im using a logitech rumble pad which works mighty well so far :)

2fast4u

if you are going for a normal gamepad .. im using a logitech rumble pad which works quite well

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

nephalim said:
There's an adapter to connect a real N64 controller. It's called an adaptoid.

Hmm. Where can you find those at?

The only place I've seen the PSX adapter is Radio Shack.

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

Trotterwatch said:
Get an adaptoid from this link

Hey, thanks for the link.

A bit more pricey than I thought (especially compared to the PSX adapter), but I'll definately take a serious look at it.

The N64/PSX USB Adapter looks like a good option too; I'm not too concerned about the shock stuff.

Either way, I would just have to go find myself a N64 controller to use.

Trotterwatch

The N64/PSX adapter will work sufficiently well for N64 emulation providing you use a pad that is guaranteed to work with it. So don't be too put off by it, after all it is relatively inexpensive.

In the end you get what you pay for, the Adaptoid is a very high quality piece of equipment. The N64/PSX adaptor, whilst not of the same high quality as the Adaptoid, is still far from being useless :)

Kahenraz

This is my gamepad:

gamepad.jpg

I'll take you on in SSB any day ;)
Though it sucks for games like Goldeneye.