What's new

Gamecube Hacked?

Stezo2k

S-2K
Well i'm not sure, but there is this video spreading around bit torrent where this guy tries a dvd-r in the gamecube and it seems to work.

I still recon it's a lie though, from the video, it does look like the disc doesn't move

anybody else seen this?

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
I've seen a few of those, and also one of a GC running on a cookie. I don't think that the one you're referring to is real. If it was, I think there would be much bigger news about it. You never know though.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I just saw the video. The disc IS moving. Look at the little thing that holds the disc in the middle. You can tell it started spinning once he powered the cube on. Who knows, it might actually be real. I saw the pics and them talking about the chip on some forum (while they were still making the chip). I'm sure the chip won't be released though. And I think they said they needed special dvd software that they made and stuff to burn the games.

Allnatural

There have been many such videos circulating for some time. I don't which (if any) are legit though.

Gorxon

Administrator
I think none are. They are edited and I recall some websites putting up the proof. I dont remember urls though, perhaps Google can help.

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
the vid is from a WIP gc mod chip

*edit* i was wrong this is a fake, but there is one going around which they claim to have a mod chip booting a dvdr

Last edited:

IceWarm

Is it the video of the guy playing Rogue Leader? The first time I saw that video it had really cheesy background music, I'm sure that video is fake.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
IceWarm said:
Is it the video of the guy playing Rogue Leader? The first time I saw that video it had really cheesy background music, I'm sure that video is fake.

yeh, i think that was the one, mine didn't have any music though

JinXD

Yeah, I've seen the one with rogue leader. I doubt it's real, if people were making a mod chip for the cube they wouldn't announce it by releasing a low quality video of their work!