What's new

Gamecube controller support?

ryanraab

Is there gamecube to pc controller support like there is with the n64 controller? I would rather use the gamecube controller plus it would be cool. If yes which gamecube adaptor. If not will it be added. The reason is I'm thinking of getting a adaptor and I rather get the gamecube one. Thanks for answer when you do.

P.S Awesome work with the newest version and rice your newest graphics plugin is getting sweeter everytime.

Allnatural

simsx_blade said:
wait how would you use a GC control to play n64 games?what about the C buttons? unless 1964 lets you program the c buttons through the c stick?
You can configure the controls any way you want.

simsx_blade

Allnatural said:
You can configure the controls any way you want.

well i have a logitech wingman analog control i tried to config the c buttons to the 2nd analog stick on the control in P64 but it wouldn't let me only the buttons.

Allnatural

simsx_blade said:
well i have a logitech wingman analog control i tried to config the c buttons to the 2nd analog stick on the control in P64 but it wouldn't let me only the buttons.
Use N-Rage's input plugin. Jabo's doesn't recognize the z-axis.

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
simsx_blade said:
cool it works. now i can have an analog control for move and 2nd analog for camera.

I use a PSX pad and set C buttons to the 2nd analog stick but it won't give you analog control it'll still be digital. On surreal64 the C buttons are set to the 2nd analog stick as well as standard.

OP
R

ryanraab

desertboy said:
I use a PSX pad and set C buttons to the 2nd analog stick but it won't give you analog control it'll still be digital. On surreal64 the C buttons are set to the 2nd analog stick as well as standard.

What would be better then seeing as a ps controller would work too. Would an Xbox controller be good too.

What do you guys think I should use out of those 3 controllers because I don't want to waste money buying 3 adaptors.

Kaoss626

You don't need an adapter for the xbox controler if you are skilled with a soldering iron. You just need a USB cable and some reasearch. Also some drivers too....

I've modded 3 Xbox controlers. two of them I soldered the USB cables internal to the controler, one I just altered the patch cable on the end. All 3 work flawlessly.

The Xbox controler is kind of overkill for N64 having a whole extra analog stick, the stick button, and the back button. but it certainly beats the left wrist cramp I usually get using N64 controllers for long periods of time. I've also played many an hour on a GC controler and they are nice too, just not nearly as nice to convert to PC/USB.

Last edited:
OP
R

ryanraab

Thanks for the info Kaoss626. I'll just stick with GC controller. Also is it worth it to try soldering it or should I just get an adaptor. You said it's not easy to convert to pc/usb so I'm better of getting an adaptor right?

Kaoss626

its easy in XBox because xbox uses USB (with funny shaped plugs) for its controlers, so you only have to replace the end of the cable or the whole cable itself. GC, I'm almost certain dow not use USB. so that would involve some electronics in addition to the usb cable. at that point, its usually cheaper to buy the adapter.

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Kaoss is right about everything except the soldering part - you honestly don't need to know jack about soldering, so don't let that scare you away. I taped mine up and it looks really good, with an extra long cord to boot. Just twist the corresponding colors together and use electrical tape (Ignore the yellow one). I found the easiest way to strip the wires was to expose the inner wires, then burn the plastic coat off of them. I suggest getting a MS Sidewinder Gamepad USB from Wal-Mart -- It's got a nice long cable, and at $8.99 it's cheaper than USB cable. I'll get around to soldering mine eventually, but it works great now anyway.

Kaoss626

I couldn't honestly say how you feel about the difficulty of soldering, I work on electronics for a living, so I have a huge soldering workbench available when I want to solder stuff. (assuming I don't do it at home where I have stuff almost as nice as what I have at work.) I pretty much solder everything, just because it is neater, but then it also allows me to do nifty things like adding a couple LEDs to the +5 volt rail of the USB wire and silloett cutting the X on the Xbox logo, so that it now lights up.

Last edited:

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Hehe, many people see the word "solder" and run. I didn't bother soldering mine because I didn't have access to one until after I had taped it up, and it looks fine, since I kept it as small and tight as I could. I was in the process of moving at the time, so a lot was packed. (yeah, yeah, yeah, I should have been packing instead of playing with an Xbox controller, but oh well).