What's new

gamecube controller on pc

zamac_man

I have searched the board and still have not found my answer so I will ask. I started out looking for some kinda logitech controller then I decided on this. I will use it mainly for n64 emulation but I would also like to use it for like sega genesis emulation and other pc games. Will that work for everything?

adapter

also do they make that for 2 controllers? I see it for ps2 but not gamecube.

also is there somewhere to download the driver?? I do not have a floppy on my computer

Last edited:

BountyJedi

at first this is little the wrong palce to post about that (should've been in techtalk or talk of the town or something)

but i own one of those and yeah its really worth the buy though i havent seen the drivers downloadble from somewhere.
only thing i have found is an unofficial patch which fixes some stuff like calibration and stuff i could send a copy of my floppy if you want.
also i would recomend www.lik-sang.com cuz they're cheaper =p
i bought it from there.

ill send a link to the thread on lik-sang's ofrum where i found the unofficial "fix" (along with instructions on how to install)
also just a little notice when calibrating (btw that cant be done without that "fix" the drivers on the floppy are a little wierd) push to the diagonals only! whne calibrating the
stick no circles or something.
that's cause the gc controller has octagonal boundaries doing that will fix the problem a little (if you dont do it that way you wont be pushing to the edge in diagonal so for example in games that use the analog for walking you will walk diagonally slower)

just saw that the drivers are for dl on that stie you linked to so just dl from there and then get the "fix"

link: http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=617&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

OP
Z

zamac_man

I was not sure where to post this so I decided on here. What you told me is about all I needed to know. Guess I will be ordering this

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
One thing about this adaptor though. After you install the driver, the X and Y axis' don't reach nearly as far. I got my controller, I was happy, than I loaded up Super Mario 64. Mario jogged slowly but didn't want to run. An easy fix, (after you get this controller), is to use N-Rage's Input and enter the config. Load up Modifiers and make 4 modifiers, one for each direction, select movement for mod type, and change both X-Axis and Y-Axis Movement value to 157%, otherwise you will not enjoy this controller, or you can just use the default plug and play driver, just saying because the drivers mentioned by BountyJedi don't do a thing for me.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Bighead said:
One thing about this adaptor though. After you install the driver, the X and Y axis' don't reach nearly as far. I got my controller, I was happy, than I loaded up Super Mario 64. Mario jogged slowly but didn't want to run. An easy fix, (after you get this controller), is to use N-Rage's Input and enter the config. Load up Modifiers and make 4 modifiers, one for each direction, select movement for mod type, and change both X-Axis and Y-Axis Movement value to 157%, otherwise you will not enjoy this controller,
Callibrating the axes should fix that. No need for a complex work-around.