What's new

Gameboy Emulation .....ON CELL PHONES

Codexing

The Xpaniard
It's nothing really new, but I thought some people would like to know about it.
There are currently THREE Gameboy Color emulators working for cell phones.
Those three emulators are avaliable for the S60 phones (NOKIA'S 7650, 3650, 6600, 6630, 3630, 7610, N-GAGE, N-GAGE QD...)
The best of those emulators is VBOY (www.vampent.com) and works with most commercial games.
That way you can play GBC games the way they were meant to be played: on a portable system...of course they weren't meant to be played on Nokia's phones, but anyway...

This shouldn't be here, but I'll place it all together:
Vampent has also released two other emulators: VNES and VSUN
VNES is a NES emulator that works both on Symbian and Java phones (YES, JAVA PHONES WORK TOO!!!)
VSun is........the very first SNES emulator on a cell phone (still running a bit slow, but they might fix the speed a little on later versions).

I hope you liked this news, as it's been like..........I don't know.........maybe............2 years since I last posted GBA news?
I hope you're still not against me for what I did with krillin12 LOL :bouncy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Totally agree with your statement, these emus are well good, vsun is a little slow mind, but is decent for RPGs i guess, hopefully the next version should give a bit more speed to this great emu. Prefer running these emus to the ngage games though which i aint keen on at all being quite slow

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Emus on cell phones are a reality. There is even a MAME port for some of them.
Unfortunately you can't really enjoy some emus very much due to the small screen and the slow CPU of most phones but Gameboy and Gamegear emus look great :)

/me goes to buy a nokia 6630 to run Vsun and picodrive faster...

OP
Codexing

Codexing

The Xpaniard
I just thought there could also be a place for mobile emulation around here.
Picodrive is the best Genesis emulator for S60 around right now, but there are also emulators for the Master System and the Game Gear
Mame and other old consoles are also emulated as you said, PsyMan

Stezo2k

S-2K
Codexing said:
I just thought there could also be a place for mobile emulation around here.
Picodrive is the best Genesis emulator for S60 around right now, but there are also emulators for the Master System and the Game Gear
Mame and other old consoles are also emulated as you said, PsyMan

What are the name(s) of the master system/gg emu(s)? would like to give them a try

i agree picodrive is a great emu, just wish it was a bit smoother because it's a bit frameskippy