What's new

G5 Building (Multi Version) - Discussions here

Knuckles

w00t, double post again.

1st : I still have problems fixing those damn facility/felicity and I wanted to work on a map
2nd: since I couldn't do anything over the facility/felicity, I started one of my favorite map, 1 easy to do that I like a lot , the combat Simulator G5 Building. I already had done this one over the original UT (without proper textures tho) so it won't be a problem :)

Here are some shots:

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Do you ever get a chance to finish products before starting on others? Hehe. :D
- Modem

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

You know , that's a good question!

but since the G5 Building is one of my favorite maps, easy one to do , it will prolly be done fast, as I speak right now, I'm working on it and It's goind fast :) expect smth today!

sethdonut

Super Cipap Newbie
Have my children.

Just kidding, I'm glad to see you back to PD stuff. G5 Building was definitely an awesome level and I'm glad you're working on that now. If I may ask, what became of the dataDyne building map?

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

the dD tower needs a LOT of optimisation right now , the current one takes forever to build the lighting. + the scale is really wrong so I will need to work a lot on it before I can continue it. So I go back to the G5 building and try to finish it quickly :p

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Update : almost done with the whole first side , only a little bit to do at the lower floor, added lighting, added blocked volumes to all the sheets, added and tested the "xFallingVolume" at the bottom when you fall (be sure to be killed :p). I noticed while testing the volumes that the map is too small, the proportions are perfect but wrong scale, means that the whole map is kinda 1:1.5 the normal size, I will just have to scale it when I'll be fully done then add the paths/guns/other stuff after.

Now here comes the shots:

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

don't worry, it will be out, I have some exams left (3 in fact), after the 15th, I'm done with college until mid-January . Also, I can't wait myself to play in it so :p I can't really play it right now due to the bad scale so I need to finish the whole thing before I can scale it and play in it.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Knuckles said:
I can't really play it right now due to the bad scale so I need to finish the whole thing before I can scale it and play in it.

its true, i hate it when that happens. the last time i made a half-life map to model a building, it was scaled too small. you can't start over because you've done so much, yet you can't rescale until the whole thing's finished, otherwise it messes up with your integer snapped grid.

looks like that won't be a problem for you though; you'll get it finished in no time. :)

GrumblyStuff

Looking mighty fine Knuckles. :happy:

Not to hijack your thread but, what's the word on the Golden Eye mod? The forums have been down and the website not updated.

Viper_Viper

DUDE! im gettin UT2004 FINALLY! got my DVD burner so i can buy the DVD version of the game! Cant wait to try this awsome shit out!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

yikes, good for you ;)

btw, MY EXAMS ARE DONE AND I WORK WHEN I WANT :D

*ahem*... sry , I will soon complete the G5 building. Just to show u, here what's remaining to do on it:

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Damnit, I was about to release the map RIGHT AWAY but the emu64 seems down, can't get on the site (nor mine) and can't access the ftp either . Also , I can't attach that 6.7MB file thru emutalk and I'm too lazy to split it.... It will be delayed until the server is back on.

Sorry, I really wanted to release it right now (it's really done, even did a little read me), gotta wait :(

G_Yoshi

Knuckles said:
Damnit, I was about to release the map RIGHT AWAY but the emu64 seems down, can't get on the site (nor mine) and can't access the ftp either . Also , I can't attach that 6.7MB file thru emutalk and I'm too lazy to split it.... It will be delayed until the server is back on.

Sorry, I really wanted to release it right now (it's really done, even did a little read me), gotta wait :(
You could always do a torrent :) Would take a little bit of time to build up seeds since you're the only one that has the map right now.