What's new

fullscreen

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
OK, TR64 works nearly perfectly for me in windowed mode, but fullscreen is blank. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Some requirement that needs to be met? Or is it just me? I'd be kind of dissapointed to find the best video plugin for my machine only to not have it work in fullscreen :(

Don't mean to be negative, it's a great plugin! (Thus my desire to use it.) Just wish my video card wasn't so damn crappy.

FYI - I have an Ati Mobility M4, which has a Rage 128 chipset. I am using the latest drivers, and they do support OpenGL (with varying results.)

Thanks.

icepir8

nephalim said:
OK, TR64 works nearly perfectly for me in windowed mode, but fullscreen is blank. Is there something i'm doing wrong? Some requirement that needs to be met? Or is it just me? I'd be kind of dissapointed to find the best video plugin for my machine only to not have it work in fullscreen :(

Don't mean to be negative, it's a great plugin! (Thus my desire to use it.) Just wish my video card wasn't so damn crappy.

FYI - I have an Ati Mobility M4, which has a Rage 128 chipset. I am using the latest drivers, and they do support OpenGL (with varying results.)

Thanks.

I had problems with the Rage 128 chipset. I don't know if it was the chipset or the drivers.

BTW: what is the OS you are using?

loay

iam the best
i also have rage 128 and its working fullscreen but you need to use 16bit not 32bit disktop and it will working

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I'm using WinXP, and PJ64 1.5.

That's a good question...the chipset or the drivers. I think it's the drivers. Since my card is a notebook card, ATI won't release drivers for it. You have to rely on your notebook manufacturer (in this case Dell.) I have had problems with OpenGL before, usually either it works or it doesn't. With your plugin (which is great BTW, keep up the good work,) it works in windowed (which still uses OpenGL, right?) but not in fullscreen. Rice's Plugin works, but crawls for some reason (with glitches.)

I had a problem using Maya 4.0, It would crash trying to initialize OpenGL. I updated the drivers and viola..it worked. 3D Studio MAX however, I have yet to get functioning in either D3D OR OpenGL mode.

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
What does 16 bit desktop have to do with it? Doesn't the plugin make it's own resolution/color depth setting when you go fullscreen? And i'm using 32 bit color desktop and it works fine windowed. But i'll try.

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Holy crap! It worked! THANKS! I wonder why my desktop color depth makes a difference in fullscreen?

Great job icepir8. It's still got that darn lens of truth problem (in MM,) but so does just about every other emulator. Nothing is perfect, right? I really like your emulator, I think it has amazing potential, just needs a little more features (like resolution selection and filtering.)

Alas, i'm still stuck with OpenGL crawling. Something I messed up in the settings, I think (not your plugin, the others that use OpenGL have been doing the same thing ever since I messed around with OpenGL.) Is there any specific OpenGL settings that cause it to crawl? I tried switching back to the performance default with no difference. I think I need a reboot, I hope.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The thing is that some programs uses the current color depth in fullscreen. So it's always best to set your color depth before running anything :)

OP
nephalim

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Can I close this? Or does a moderator have to? Because the issue is solved. I'm surprized it hasn't happened to more people, it's helpful knowledge...