What's new

Fsaa

Stadsport

I'm trying to get Full Screen Anti-Aliasing working. I mean, it works fine, but it slows emulation down to almost unplayable speeds (6x goes down to 9fps at 800x600 windowed). Why is this so slow? Is it forcing FSAA emulation? Because I know the N64 had this seldom-used capability, it just slowed games down too much.
I can play Guild Wars at 1400x1050 (native resolution on this machine's screen), high quality everything, 8x AA.
I'm using the default video plugin. I also tried enabling FSAA through my video card's control panel. At 2x it did nothing. All other settings, the games wouldn't even start. They load, then the FPS goes to --and I get a black screen.
This machine:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512mb RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 AGP 8x (128mb)
Thanks.

Last edited:

Pantuflo

What plugin are you using?
After reading your post I have tested a well known Mario game with 4x AA enabled in Jabo's D3D8 plugin.
In windowed mode at the lowest resolution it gets about 11FPS (as "Fraps" said), and when I changed to Full Screen in 1024x768 it raised to 25 FPS (enough to play well) - Mario looks very nice...

I have a Geforce4MX video card, and I can play my PC games like "BGE" at 640x480 in low level detail... :p
I have enabled "Application controlled" AA on the drivers config, and 4x AA on the plugin configuration.

So I think you should get better results...