What's new

Frustration with Nemu and Geometry Extractor

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
I've been having a lot of trouble with using Nemu to extract geometry. First of all, Nemu freezes very easily on me; if I minimize it, or try to open some of the menus. Also, it appears it only loads Nemu save states, so I have to start over from the beginning.

When I finally do get the geometry out, it is distorted. I'm not sure if this has to do with Nemu or not, but still.

I was wondering how hard it would be, if possible, to convert the plug-in that Nemu uses to work with a different Emu (preferably Project 64.) Is it something I might be able to do, or would it have to be essentially re-written?

mudlord

Banned
PJ64 1.7 supports Lemmy's model dumping plugin...=], so the plugin doesnt have to be rewritten...

OP
I

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
You mean the one that is in the Nemu forum sticky? I just tried that and got a "plugins failed to initialize" error. Are you sure?

mudlord

Banned
Well, build 47 was when zilmar updated PJ64 to support Lemmy's plugin...I'm not sure if he means the normal one or the dumping one. If any case, if it doesnt support the dumping one, there is no harm in asking zilmar for support in the next build :).

Iconoclast

What 'normal' one? There is only one Nemu64 graphics plugin, and that's Lemmy's Direct3D, which universally has an option "Export VRML". The version I got works for me, which is the version Lemmy posted after Gorxon mentioned it didn't log VRML supported by 3ds Max, the program I use.

Iconoclast

Oh, right! Yes, I forgot to include that.

Exact file name btw is actually gs_dll.dll, but like we all couldn't figure that out.