What's new

Fixing broken mouse wheel

Trotterwatch

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a broken mouse wheel and been able to fix it by taking the mouse apart?

The thing stopped working last night (still turns, still acts as a 3rd mouse button when pressed - 0 mouse wheel response though), verified it isn't driver related by booting a Linux distro that always works with my mouse, as well as of course XP.

It's an optical mouse, so I'm slightly hesitant to take the thing apart as I'm a bit cack handed and am probably liable to break it fully :D lol

/Mouse model is a Fujitsu Siemens btw, a cheapy one but I like using it. Not got too much cash at the moment to go and buy a new one, and well I need the mouse wheel to Pwn :p

/Edit

Just took the thing apart, found a bit of hair wedged into one of the rollers for the mouse wheel. Got it all out, air blasted it to get out any other rubbish. Alas it didn't work, so the thing really is fucked.

So if anyone feels kind enough to donate an old mouse, please do :D lol

Last edited:

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
I'd donate one, but I'm sure it would cost more to ship it accross the world than to buy a whole new one altogether ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Mouse's are pretty cheap, you know. ;)

So, trotter is so poor he can't even afford a new mouse? Martin I insist you release him from your basement at once.

smcd

I'm with shizzie on this one, i have a spare (2 or 3 actually) but it's not worth the postage from here to there

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Lol :D

I think I'll be able to scrape together some money for one, I'm just cheap ;)

Got an old non optical one here if it went tits up completely, but I don't want to go back to a ball one!

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Think I'll have to put one of my Adaptoids on Ebay to get some of the cash :D Does look a very nice mouse, certainly better than the el cheapo one I've been using at the moment. Still Pwn at games using it though, lol

Eagle

aka Alshain
Trotterwatch said:
Think I'll have to put one of my Adaptoids on Ebay to get some of the cash :D Does look a very nice mouse, certainly better than the el cheapo one I've been using at the moment. Still Pwn at games using it though, lol

I just bought the Logitech MX518 from newegg. This is truely a superior mouse for gamers. The 510 is nice, but the 518 is better.

OP
T

Trotterwatch

My Girlfriend got me amongst other things a Logitech G5 Mouse - had told her a short while back it looked a great mouse and that I preferred one with a cord rather than cordless.

This thing is an absoloute beast, by default I can hardly control the thing it is that sensitive :D Added a few weights to it to make it a bit heavier and am now messing about with the sensitivity. Very pleased with it :D