posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Filename: Metroid.Prime.First.Hunt-DF.rar
Rom Filename: Metroid.Prime.First.Hunt-DF.nds
CRC32: C2FB5233
Rom Serial: NTR-AMFE-USA
Internal Name: FIRST HUNT
Size: 128Mbit/16MBytes

Don't have the ROM, so don't ask me for it. All I heard was this info. This seems to be confirmed, so hopefully we'll have something to test NDS emulation on, as soon as emulators start being developed.

Good or bad news? I think it's both. Good news for emulation, bad news for Nintendo.

Ewgf

TeKKeN TaG PLaYeR
Yes, this is the first and unique dump for NDS all other dumps (Sonic and Mario 64) are FAKE. The filesize isn't as I expected, it's only 9 MB, maybe because it's only a demo.. :saint:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Ewgf said:
Yes, this is the first and unique dump for NDS all other dumps (Sonic and Mario 64) are FAKE. The filesize isn't as I expected, it's only 9 MB, maybe because it's only a demo.. :saint:
If we consider that the original Mario 64 is 8MB (uncompressed) and the DS version is not SO much bigger than the original version the small size does not mean anything (and I believe that it's compressed)...

Last edited:

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Mario is a small file, but then again it isn't real so that doesn't tell you much. No file headers, nothing in the hex to show what it is. Metroid on the other hand is considerably bigger, and I was surprised at the larger-than-expected file size considering it is just a demo. DS emulation is intriguing but I hope the pace of work is kept slow. It's a great piece of hardware with some excellent ideas that deserves as many sales as it can get, wheras sadly to many people a DS emulator will just mean free games.