What's new

Final Fantasy III - Not that bad - Screenshots

spotanjo3

I already mentioned it in desmume compatibility. I do not understand why square rerelease with some extra and something else...again ? I do not understand why.

TheMax1087

I dont remember them remaking this game at all before now. Isnt it the only final fantasy(pre-ffx) that never made it onto the playstatiion

spotanjo3

To my understanding, it is rerelease with an addition and something new accord to square and something else I forgot but yeah it is still quick cash and I will not buy it since PSX version was fine. I am not interest in something new addition in it. However, the fmv rocks! :D

Hiei-YYH

Rockmangames said:
To my understanding, it is rerelease with an addition and something new accord to square and something else I forgot but yeah it is still quick cash and I will not buy it since PSX version was fine. I am not interest in something new addition in it. However, the fmv rocks! :D

no offence, but this ONE is not "quick cash", FF I & II and IV are, you can check the game trailer and see for yourself (if you didn't saw yet)

IF SE want to make fast money, they could simply make a port like I & II and IV

924897_20060804_screen003.jpg

924897_20060804_screen015.jpg

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
As a side note, Final Fantasy III was only released on Japan and only for Famicom/NES (up until now) so this is a new game for the US and Europian audience.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Final Fantasy III was not released on PSX, Final Fantasy VI was.
You're probably confused because Final Fantasy VI was originaly released in the US as Final Fantasy III on SNES and then as Final Fantasy VI on PSX.
Just blame Squaresoft for messing with the numbers. :p

WhiteX

It is only for the DS, it is the first time The real Final Fantasy 3 is released on the english world, what you know as FF3 is in fact FF6, with Kefka and all.

FF3 DS has gone 3d and the story got enhanced to suit today´s RPG experience, it is not a quick cash in, it is in fact one of the greatest DS releases of 2oo6.

Clements

As PsyMan said, Final Fantasy III was only released in Japan on NES. This version is an exclusive remake in full 3D for the DS with a huge 1024Mbit cart, and will be officially translated to English and released in the US and Europe for the first time ever. Obviously, this is no "quick cash in" as the game is barely recognisable from the original as it has been totally reworked. It is one of the most anticipated games on the DS right now. Who knows why it didn't make it to PSX.

spotanjo3

Then it is worth! I am glad to know it is worth playing for!

I will wait for the english version, thought. Thanks guys for explaining that to me. :D

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
Then why didnt it released on PSX ? Or it is only for NDS ? I am confused. -_-;
Now this is just an assumption and is in no way the definite reason for Square-Enix's choice in releasing numbers, but maybe the Final Fantasy franchise was not big enough until it reached the Playstation games. Cos a lot of Jap based games never make it to English because they are just not cut out or worth the extra money and the reason that they are releasing the older games now is because of the reputation the games have made in other countries. Take mario for instance, it doesn't take just him to make a good game, but he will most likely influence the purchase of a new game just because he is well known.
Basically companies don't like to release things unless they can gain the maximum profit possible, and once they get a franchise up and running, like people said, FF3 for NDS is one of the most anticipated games for 2006, people may not have even played it, but there is still that desire for it due to how the other games have influenced them.

But before anyone thinks I am discouraging the new release, yes I am waiting for it too, luckily us Aussies get stuff just after the US.

BTW

Final Fantasy III - is scheduled for release on the 3 October 2006 in the US.

That's a month and 1/2 wait for all you FF fans ;)

Last edited:

Cyberman

WhiteX said:
If it did, the game would have that half baked character models from FF7.
If it did make it to the PSX? Hmmm not likely. FF7 was started in 1993 think about the state of software and such it took a lot of work. For the time the graphics were superb let me put it this way. To see more of what it would look like on the PS1 (<-- correct term) think FF9 with 3d backgrounds instead.

Cyb

-TOMA

Noob!!
I just saw a video on gamespot.
Sorry to disappoint you, but i know very well Final Fantasy VI and i can say that this is not the final fantasy VI that we know.
This is the real Final Fantasy III, with crystals and all those stuff. Released on Nes.
No Kefka, No Terra, No Edgar...
And i was hoping so much...
(cries in corner)