What's new

file paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just me, so I'm looking for input.
When I specify my folder for save files, it doesn't work. I have to pick something that doesn't use any folder name with spaces and or special characters in it to work.
In my case, this is the default path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Karth & Kryona\Desktop\1964099_20030925\1964_099\save\
Checking the Use Defaut: $1964.exe\save or not doesn't matter. It still won't save to that folder.
If I specify that it save to c:\save
it works fine. anyone else have this behavior? The plugin folder works fine with the long directory structure etc.

schibo

Emulator Developer
karth95 said:
When I specify my folder for save files, it doesn't work. I have to pick something that doesn't use any folder name with spaces and or special characters in it to work.

C:\Documents and Settings\Karth & Kryona\Desktop\1964099_20030925\1964_099\save\
Checking the Use Defaut: $1964.exe\save or not doesn't matter. It still won't save to that folder.
it works fine. anyone else have this behavior? The plugin folder works fine with the long directory structure etc.

Thanks karth, I'll check it out

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
karth95 said:

I have my save folder set to C:\Juegos\Emulators\Nintendo 64\Save\ and probs here.

The problem is the & character. Just created a folder named "a &" and file saves i created went to nowhere (they just vanished). Other symbols i have tested that won't work: %, $, #

OP
karth95

karth95

Lord of the Cats
NeTo said:
I have my save folder set to C:\Juegos\Emulators\Nintendo 64\Save\ and probs here.

The problem is the & character. Just created a folder named "a &" and file saves i created went to nowhere (they just vanished). Other symbols i have tested that won't work: %, $, #

Thanks for testing, I'm glad it's reproduceable. My only concern is that the plugin folder works fine with the same directory structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.