What's new

FFVII PSF Patch

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Okay, I'm putting this here since I don't know where I'm really supposed to put it. I downloaded a patch for the PC version of Final Fantasy VII, which changes the crappy midi soundfont to play the PSF files from the Playstation version. Sounded like a good idea when I downloaded it, and even began to install/apply in to ffvii.exe. I followed all of the instructions, including the configuration of both the required Winamp plugins (in_psf.dll and out_ds.dll), configured FF7 Music.exe with these plugins as told in the readme.txt. Loaded the FFVIIPSF Library and the song replacement list shows up. But then I apply the "ffvii-music.cetra" patch to ffvii.exe with the included Cetra.exe and all it does is tells me "enabling log messages". What the crap!? Shouldn't it say "patch successfully applied to ffvii.exe" or something??! I go back to FFVIIMusic.exe and look under the "information" tab and gives me a couple of warnings. "FFV7 Music Library not found" and "FF7 NOT located". The weird thing is, there's no way to specify to the program where these things are, despite the fact that I put them in my FFVII PC folder. Please, someone tell me what the holy crap is going on here...?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Perhaps it needs the regestry entries? I know FF7 does, so is your game working without the "patch"? Did you read the readme to make sure that you did everythig correctly?

P.S.
I never got that damned thing to work right. Every minute or two after starting to play, the sound would be correct to the PSX version, but would crash soon after starting to play. *shrug*

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Pph! That was a pain in the butt! I look on some forums (www.qhimm.com) checked out the message boards. I found something called FFVII Multi Patch 1.1 and it had a PSF patch. I now can play FFVII with real music. Just apply the patch(es) and play the game!!

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Right on. I looked at that exact page recently, but I guess I didn't read it well enough. Nice find, I'll give that a try.