What's new

feedback for new site

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hi, if you've seen the new site please let us know what you think*, bugs you find etc. here. thanks.
we havent gone public yet (as i write so dont announce please) but want some testing please.

edit: ok here's the url www.pj64.net/main.
edit2: ok i think we're public now you can pose this as news if you want :)
otherwise, this means we are close to taking donations and opening the beta testing :) hopefully some of you will be pleased about that.

* except about the colours please! thanks, but no, we're just trying to get things to work. unless you want to tell us you like the colours.. not everything is democratic :p

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
a little detail: you should check in the search function that the request has at least a few letters, otherwise bots may reference the page and the server can eventually be overloaded

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
seems we do
"Search term must be a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 20 characters"

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
I see you guys are using Mambo which seems like one of the better content management systems out there .. could use a new logo though. Content wise and navigation is great. Easy to find all the resources and a lot of nice explanations of each area of the site.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
thanks, we're using the CMS-formerly-known-as-Mambo, now-known-as-Joomla-with-an-exclamation-mark, that makes no sense either. and i kinda hate it, i and zilmar wasted time you wouldn't believe getting this little s(h)ite up. most of it is backend and hidden for anon users anyway.
can you feel the anger hmm hey :p

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
re the logo, the retroness is deliberate, i like it.

not at anyone in particular but, if we could hear about functionality problems, of any kind, rather than looks that'd be great :)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Smiff said:
seems we do
"Search term must be a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 20 characters"

Ok, actually i used the quick search zone on the top of the screen, if i type nothing, it's automatically replaced by "search pj64.net", hence my mistake...

Other than that, i have a few suggestions:

- A clearly visible "if you don't know what to download, this is probably what you want" link in the download section that point to the latest public pj64 release.

- Should emutalk and gent's cheat site realy be opened in a frame ? I'd prefer having it opened in a new window but i guess it's a matter of taste...

- Isn't there a better layout for the screenshots of the support by game section than a single column ? The page look kinda empty when i open it.

Actually, it's hard to criticize the site as it's almost perfect :p

Is it possible to open the beta part of the site ? Even if it doesn't have anything, we can give comments on this part of the site ;)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Hacktarux thanks for the suggestions.. may or may not do that. no it isn't possible to open the beta section lol :p sorry.

ok please no more opinions on colours etc, as i said 1) they are our colours and 2) its not as important as making things work!

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Must agree with retroK here. The site structure is exactly as it should be (IMO) but the color combinations are not so good for the eyes...

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Mikey said:
Any chane of using something other than Paypal?

any suggestions? (serious) i don't like paypal either, but it seems the best option, theres reasons everyone seems to use it...

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
okay we seem to be live, but we might become unlive if something goes wrong, or the server goes down or something, /me crosses fingers

i think this means donations are open aswell :)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Mikey said:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

I'll see what I can do in terms of donating soon. :)

Yea I've heard a few similar stories as well, we really aren't going with paypal because we believe it's a well run business, more because it's the most convenient way to do payments on the net for users.

Kind of like a love hate relationship I guess. The nice thing about paypal, is you really don't need an account to donate/pay so the backend problems would be ours to deal with hopefully.

Martin

Administrator
Site looks great, especially all the new features. I posted a little news post at Emu64. :p

Regarding PayPal. We've used it for our company to receive interational payments, and have done so for years. Never any problems.

skull1

im9i7
Smiff said:
any suggestions? (serious) i don't like paypal either, but it seems the best option, theres reasons everyone seems to use it...

How about stormpay.com? Atleast my country is registered in their database.