What's new

Fast foward issues with Uosnesw

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
I like this SFC emulator for many reasons, one being because it's sound is superior to Zsnes' sound emulation. Two, emulates all special chips (like Zsnes) and three, because they actually get the SPC700 timing mostly correct via emulation hacks. But one problem; the fast forwarding, saving and loading. These are lagged for some reason. When I press fast forward (Tab) I can't un-fast forward it for at least ten seconds. There's no "toggle fastforward" AFAIK with uosnesw. The saving/loading takes a couple a seconds when it should be instaneous, thus "instant save/load". It hasn't done this until recently. Please help.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Seems like it has to do with the process priority of the emulator (it uses too much CPU power). Try to change it from the windows task manager (or from the emulator itself if it supports it). This can also happen if you're using any filters that use much CPU power (2xsai, Eagle, etc.). If this happens with the default configuration you should contract the author and report the problem.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Huh..Seems it was a CPU-priority issue. I changed it back to "Normal" and now both save/loading/fast-forwarding are normal. Thanks for the help!