What's new

Fake or no?

BlueFalcon7

I dont know, Im too lazy to check and see if the moon is still there. Last night at about that time, I saw a full moon, so Im pretty sure its still in tact for the most part.

Toasty

Sony battery
Seems fake to me - an explosion wouldn't be very "fiery" in the vacuum of space, at least nothing like what you see in science fiction movies.

EDIT: The URL is a dead giveaway too. For real Yahoo! news go to http://news.yahoo.com/

Last edited:

El Duderino

I can't be certain it is fake, but the article doesn't reference any source. Even the author is said to be an "Associated Press Writer". If even the author won't give his name then there is significant doubt as to validity of this article. The supposed nuclear weapons expert, "Noah Cain", who stated that “This has been the most powerful bomb exploded to date,” cannot be found in any encyclopedia I own, nor can he be found on google, wikipedia, hotbot or even in a yahoo search apart from said article.

Also, the anonymous scientist who claimed, “it [the bomb] could have altered the moon’s orbit by a fraction of an inch which over the course of a couple centuries might cause the moon to crash into Earth.” Should not remain anonymous. If this ass hole has such information, than he should come forward, announce who he is, why he thinks it is true and what we should do about it. The fact that he doesn't, only says that he himself cannot validate what is being said with any sort of assurance.

There is also the issue of possible misinformation. The U.S. government is known for creating information that is false, and distributing it among various "channels" for purposes of their own ambition. I wouldn't be surprised if this is another case of bad information leading us to believe that yet another country is out to "attack" the U.S., giving reason to bomb yet another poor nation. I don't want to make this a U.S.A. bashing thread, but even I as an American can see when someone is trying to manipulate me.

I don't post too often, so I'm sorry if my writing is hard to understand or I have any words spelled wrong. To tell you the truth, It's a Saturday night/Sunday morning and I live in Wisconsin. This means I'm a little/lot drunk, and I probably wouldn't have posted at all if I was not. Agree with my opinions or not, I really don't care. Feel free to Flame me, I'm an easy target.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
ROFL. Now seriously, how could anyone fall for this one? BTW try to click on any link there...

Iconoclast

Wtf...you call that a moon?

I'd say fake because of the way the story was told. I mean, at the beginning, for example. How do they know that nobody in the world anticipated that North Korea had the potential to strike Japan or something? It's silly assumptions, too good to be true. So I guess a bunch of lies, not because of the moon; that was probably made in 3ds Max or something just to simulate it.

Iconoclast

despair_idiocy.png

despair.jpg

despair.jpg

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
the thread should start off like this

(starwars theme song) :whistling

A long long time ago
in a galaxy not so far away
it is a time of civil war on the :ranting: :term:
only planet to support life:icecream: :eek:
the jedi:cool: and sith:ph34r: have joined there force(s):ninja::term::alien::alien2:
to fight a new evil :naughty:
and to save our MOON...:yawn:
:bye3:

OP
R

revl8er

That Damn Good
the thread should start off like this

(starwars theme song) :whistling

A long long time ago
in a galaxy not so far away
it is a time of civil war on the :ranting: :term:
only planet to support life:icecream: :eek:
the jedi:cool: and sith:ph34r: have joined there force(s):ninja::term::alien::alien2:
to fight a new evil :naughty:
and to save our MOON...:yawn:
:bye3:

lol