What's new

Export 3D Models

Zoomer

With the ability to export textures and then import High Resolution textures,
it is only a matter of time before we are able to export 3D models from games like Ocarina of Time.

Is this going to happen anytime soon? Is it even possible? I can't texture very well, but WOW would I love the oppourtunity to improve some of the models in Zelda: OOT !!

ryanraab

That be sweet. Next thing you know Rice will make it possible. lol That what happened with the textures. People were just casually talking and Rice did it. Rice always has surprises. Like he says he is taking a break. Then he comes out with a wicked update. Hope Rice takes your suggestion and thinks about it. Also if it does happen. Can't wait to see your work Zoomer!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes, he takes a break, but works on the plugin a little from time to time. That's what we all do... work on it when we feel like it. I suppose he simply "felt" like it, this time. Heh.
Will it happen, though? We'll find out soon enough!

TallgeeseIII

Zoomer said:
it is only a matter of time before we are able to export 3D models from games like Ocarina of Time.

Is this going to happen anytime soon? Is it even possible? I can't texture very well, but WOW would I love the oppourtunity to improve some of the models in Zelda: OOT !!

oh god yes, my 3ds max skills far outway my photoshop skills, there are already model exporting plugins for n64, they can't be put back into the game though. if rice did that, he would truly be the plugin god. it would be official.

EDIT: just came up with another idea for rice, what if he gave his plugin the ability to do free roaming camera like lemmy's combine debug for nemu64? and other debug things like turning all the lighting off, or a button to reload textures, and this isn't really necessary but i'm sure some people would get use out of being able to change the paths textures are dumped to then loaded from? also what if you could change the pallettes that color indexed textures use by having them exported and loaded as photoshop pallette files (forgot the filetype, .act or .pal or something)? if that's possible...?

EDIT2: oooh, another idea, loading textures from .rar archives? so you could have multiple texture packs and choose which one you want?

Last edited:

SubCog

Hey, Rice, could you add in telephone support and maybe an AI voice? I'd really like your plugin to be able to order a pizza for me.:D

Actually though, I really like homemade pizza better, so maybe you could add in some real dynamic kitchen support?

Garrett

You could begin work on improving the models in anticipation of this breakthrough. TKM from ZFGC has ripped a HUGE number of them. This link *should* work, although at any time the ZFGC admins may disable guest viewing.

If the link doesn't work I can just give you his email address. :)

Oh and by the way I'm new yadda yadda yadda... :p

elitejavi

it's-a me!
yeah! we'll can finally get adult link nose back from the efect of lies!(like pinochio!)jeje :icecream:

seeya

OP
Zoomer

Zoomer

Garrett - Thanks for the heads up, your buddy on ZFGC has already emailed me some models.

Your right! We need to be ready for the release of the 3D importer! I'm on it! I've already mega-sized Zelda's boobs!

Garrett

Glad I could help... I... uh... I think... :blink:

You making something like the Nude Raider mods then? Be sure to post screenies! :evil:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Yeah nice thinking there, it's probably possible, i just hope it becomes reality because it could really improve the feel and look of N64 emulation kind of like what EmuDX did for old arcade games. I can imagine it can be quite hard to implement though i'm afraid, but it would be great to see

ryanraab

Garrett said:
Glad I could help... I... uh... I think... :blink:

You making something like the Nude Raider mods then? Be sure to post screenies! :evil:

might not look as good but you should be able to do that with the hi rez testure feature. instead of making them hi rez make them nude. hope rice don't get mad at us misusing his plugin. :party:

TallgeeseIII

wouldn't work, charatcer textures are color indexed, they'd mostly be nude in black and white and blue and stuff, no skin tones because you can't use any colors other than the ones the original uses.

ryanraab

so even if we made a nude 3d model the textures would still mess it up. So it don't work both ways. hopefully rice can break the ci limitation. Then the texture makers can go all out.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Even if you import models, it won't look much better. The characters are usually cut into parts... like the forearm is a seperate object from the hand and such, so you could never make them look really good. They would always cut off at the joints. You could make the faces look better... maybe parts of the body, but as a whole, it just wouldn't be much better...

Garrett

Well there's no harm in trying, is there? :)

As for the colour limits, this $10 says that Rice'll crack it too...

TallgeeseIII

i think we can all agree that while all the other graphics plugin prgrammers are amazing, rice is best there is. hands down. if anyone can pull this off it's him.