What's new

eVoodoo 4.0.21 alpha released

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
evoodoo 4.0.21 alpha

This is for all the non-3dfx users that want to use better our last release of Glide64 (0.50).
With the authorization of his author, McLeod, I'm posting now the last evoodoo ver. 4.0.21 alpha.
As you see, is an alpha version yet. I mean, is pretty unstable yet and some functions (combiners, post-processing effects, etc) are not complete, but is better for the last glide64.

What's new:
- Better compatibility with lastest Glide64 releases.
- Post-processing effects (Blur, Sharpen, Interlaced, black Interlaced,
Motion Blur (1), Black & White, Sepia Tone and Negative).

[SIZE=1[I]](1) This motion blur is different and no have relation with the native N64 frame-buffer motion blur effect emulated in the last Glide64 release. It can be use in every game, everywhere.[/I][/SIZE]

Knowed Issues: (please, don't ask/report anything about this. Remember, is an alpha version)
- Some video cards are not completely compatible with this evoodoo.
- Some inestability.
- The Dual Texture Management Unit Support feature is not complete yet.
- Some Post-Processing effects are not complete yet.
- Big slowdowns when the Glide64 motion blur FB effect is enabled (randomly).
- Some more...

Why the release then?. Simple, the author of this impressive glide3x wrapper is really busy, but is his intention to give to the non-3dfx users a new and better alternative...

Installation:
- Extract the glide3x.dll file into the emulator directory.
- Extract the evoodoo.cpl file into:
Win98/Me users -> Windows/System dir.
Win2k/XP users -> Windows/System32 dir.

Enjoy it.

Thank you very much McLeod.

<a href="http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11736">Download eVoodoo 4.0.21 alpha</a>

Martin

Administrator
I took the liberty of copying this thread to the Emu64 news forum, I hope that's fine. Thanks to passive's bot in #emutalk for making me notice this release. :)

Great job btw, McLeod!

Jakob

evil *******
Martin said:
I took the liberty of copying this thread to the Emu64 news forum, I hope that's fine. Thanks to passive's bot in #emutalk for making me notice this release. :)

Great job btw, McLeod!

what good would a spam bot be if it didn't;)