What's new

Eternal Darkness?

Narog

I checked the games list but Eternal Darkness wasn't listed. Has anyone tried this game on Dolphin or some other emulator and if so, did it work?
If it did work, how is it performance-wise? Would I be able to run it on an Athlon 2100+, 768 MB RAM and a 128 MB GeForce 4 Ti?

DOGG

Are you too stupid to have a look at a few screenshots of some different games to get an idea?

ChaosCode

Both of you are acting like childern. Narog, download dolphin and see if it works. You'll have your answer. DOGG no reason to, excuse the pun, dog someone for asking a question, even if its been asked 1000 times. Narog, no reason to act like your 10, Trying to tell someone what to do over the internet is like trying to put a forest fire out by blowing on it. Its pointless.

OP
N

Narog

Not pointless at all seeing as how he hasn't responded.
Anyways, I won't download an iso if I don't know if I can even run it. I asked here in the hope that someone had tried this game on this emulator but apparently no one has.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Even if it would work, it would work too slow to be playable; not to mention it probably wouldn't be playable all the way. Waste of time, in other words.

spotanjo3

Narog said:
Not pointless at all seeing as how he hasn't responded.
Anyways, I won't download an iso if I don't know if I can even run it. I asked here in the hope that someone had tried this game on this emulator but apparently no one has.

Do not worry about those people. I wish I can help you if I can download it and test it but I am not a fan. :saint:

So you will know that I am nice person and wish to help you, man. :happy:

I am sure someone will in near future. Keep your eyes on it then. Maybe you should check CKEMU's site because he always update games at http://www.ckemu.com/dolphin_list/dolphin.html.

Or you can ask ckemu to test it for you. He is very nice person, really. ;)

Peace! :)

CKemu

I have yet to test Eternal Darkness, it is however on my 'todo' list, but I have a billion or so other games I need to check.....so probably faster to ask someone else. Or just try it yourself :p

However I can raise some points here:

I have an AMD64 3200+ @ 2.2GHz / 1024MB of DDR400 RAM / GeForce FX 5950u and I get a whopping 3-4 FPS in many games, thus in all honesty until the emulator has further refinements, and PCs become powerfull enough you are not going to get 'enjoyable' speeds even if it does actually go ingame.

I would recommend a game like "TimeSplitters 2" which runs 7-45 FPS ingame...depending on the amount of action :p

Pssstt it's illegal to download games, so even if this game does work in dolphin, you would of course buy the original game, aquire a BBA and PSO and make 1 copy for yourself ;)

Telling someone to shutup via the internet is about as usefull as pissing into a tornado and expecting to hit the target....chances are he hasn't responded simply due to not reading this thread yet.

Federelli

Beta Tester
On my end, Eternal Darkness is not working. It just freezes with 0.00 frames, and sometimes with 0.10 frames. Which means there's something at the very beginning that's making it not work.
Tried all setups also, dynarec, intepret, and same thing with the vid plug.