What's new

ePSXe 1.7.0 released!

Knuckles

Category: <b>Playstation</b><br><br>After 4 years without any new version, the well known Playstation Emulator ePSXe has been updated!

ePSXe 1.7.0 has been released. You can download it in the files section.

Short changelog:
Multiple changes has been done in the Pad support.
The internal SPU plugin has been updated to the 1.7.0 version.
The iso support code has been rewritten.
The MDEC decoder has been rewritten.
A new version of the Pete's Software Plugin is included.
The XA/CDDA support has been worked in this new version.
Many things have been fixed in the cd-rom decoder and the core.

The ePSXe team

:: ePSXe Website

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
No offence to you all, but SHAME ON YOU!:naughty:This is weeks old news! Don´t worry though, it´s ok. I mean it, stop crying:king:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Haha, yeah. The emulator is working fantastic. Rayman runs perfectly(there was some problems with sound before.) Just some minor graphical glitches here and there. I´m trying out the classic games.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

I'm not the one in charge of news, for the rare time I post one!

be happy that it's there :p

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Of course we´re happy, Knucklehead:naughty: I, for one, waited a loooong time for this!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Megaman Legends 2 worked just fine on 1.6.0, so I'd be pretty surprised if the game somehow broke between versions. It's possible, I suppose.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I´m sorry to hear that. Well, we´ll manage in the meantime, there is news posted here and there in the forums. Might i ask, is it lack of people? Vacation, maybe?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Mostly lack of motivation, lack of time and real life issues (well, real life itself is the issue actually). vEX has been managing the news almost alone for the last couple of years or so but there are those moments where real life takes the lead and you can't really do anything. :p

[vEX]

niechift.com
Yeah, since I got a job I decided to stop news posting. But since noone stepped up I kept going for a few weeks, but only posting once a week. Now I've stopped that too and as a result the frontpage is lacking news items.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Sometimes you have to put things like this aside, and focus on more important things. I understand, really, i do. I know very well how stressful (and frustrating sometimes) it can be to be a mod. Just take your time, us little guys will keep the forum alive, and if there is news, we will find it.