What's new

EmuTalk Avatars

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I was wondering how they're compressed to such high quality and have a cutout background like they do... I tried to do it before and it left me with poor results with the border out of alignment and everything... Anyone know?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's called using a photo program such as Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.
They can easily apply compression without destroying the picture (if you don't take too high compression) and can make transparent background. All you need is photo editing software I should think.

Iconoclast

They're not all that high quality, actually. The avatar you're using is a GIF image, and Graphics Interchange Format limits images to no more than 256 colors. The only way out that would allow for a transparent background in the corners and 32 bit color depth would be PNG image format, which isn't supported by old-ass browsers.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Doom, I'm not that stupid... It's not like I use Paint to make the cutouts...

Thanks Iconoclast... I'll try to make another thing with a cutout background... Hopefully it will work out better.

Iconoclast

Sure thing. In case you aren't figuring it out by yourself okay, if you're using Paint Shop Pro, you want to go "Colors/Set Palette Transparency...", and then select the color you would like to become the transparent color (where the pixels of the background behind it are used in substitution, making the 'cutout').

Sorry if you're using Photoshop, don't have that.