What's new

Emulator and Plugin Archive

Kahenraz

Hey! I had a great idea while reading this post:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=150051

Why not start up an emulator and rom archive? These things are all going to *poof* dissapear 10-20 years from now. Why not save the past? When and if we finally create the "perfect" emulator, it may be interesting to see the history behind it - see how the emulators have progressed.

I've allocated 2gigs on my fileserver where old emulators and plugins can be downloaded/uploaded. The login I'm giving out has full access to everything but deletion. Feel free to upload and download but DO NOT do any direct linking, otherwise I will shut the ftp down.

Thank you.

Info:
IP: 67.86.13.237
Login: emutalk
Pass: emutalk

Web browser login:
ftp://emutalk:[email protected]

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
ok 1st there is already a archive for emulators & plugins right here on ET, you being a 130 post member should know that.
It also has a PD Roms Archive.

So there isnt any point to what you have just Posted is there ?

Also i had a look on your ftp & looked in the Plugins Folder :getlost:

Jabo_Direct3D.dll
Jabo_Direct3D6.dll
Jabo_Direct3D7.dll
Jabo_Dsound.dll
Jabo_DInput.dll

these are apart of the project64 package only & if you look around are not offered as a seperate Download.

Again being a 130 post member you should know better.

please remove them from your public access folder.

OP
Kahenraz

Kahenraz

Understandable but that archive seems to only hold emulators that are on this forum and are missing many of the very old and discontinued emus.

I'll take the archive down it you want. I was just trying to save a bit of history. I like to do that sort of thing ;) I've accumulated over 6,500 Atari roms, including OSs and applications.

One of the n64 roms that was considered a "failure" in sales and gameplay was StarCraft64. Such a label made it an extreme challenge to locate. Such things can be considered a "prize" in a way. So NOBODY likes it, right? Then nobody buys it, and it vanishes. Then when such items are all but forgotten, they sometimes resurface and are considered to be most valuable because of the rarity.

Now I'm not saying that these anchient can-barely-run-jack emus are going to be worth squat, but I think that it's fun to fig through the past and mess with the old stuff.

And in regards to Jabo's plugins. For those who are not regulars may be pulling their hair out trying to find these plugins because they are not listed separately. I sure had that problem when I was first starting out. :L

But like I said, I'll take it down if it's not appropriate for this forum.

Remote

It's a free country, atleast where I live, so do what you like.

Although Jabo's plugins shouldn't be distubuted separately, considering the time and interest Jabo gave n64 emulation and how little he wants in return it would be foolish to not follow his wishes.

But keep a archive for yourself and if someone shows interest great but for the hole Nintendo64 roms getting old and vanishing concept, I don't think we are there quite yet. And if someone would really want that they could probaly find it on ebay or similar in ten years or so...