What's new

Emulation vs. Nintendo Revolution backward compatability

GE Master

Just food for thought really. I'm no expert on the possibility of playing N64 games on the revolution, but what would this mean to the emu scene? I have no idea about online play or how good gameplay might be in comparison. For me the online apect would be worth it's weight in gold. Speaking of that I'm wondering if this whole emu online aspect is finalized or not. Will online be pursued for better gameplay? I know there is the camp that says it will never work online but others are more optimistic. I'm a die hard what can I say.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I doubt it. Emulators are hobbies for some, and some test games just to find bugs and not play, and so on. My thoughts is that however good the nintendo revolution backwards compability will be, emulators will still exist and users will still use them. And besides, there are other systems that nintendo's to emulate.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Doomulation said:
I doubt it. Emulators are hobbies for some, and some test games just to find bugs and not play, and so on. My thoughts is that however good the nintendo revolution backwards compability will be, emulators will still exist and users will still use them. And besides, there are other systems that nintendo's to emulate.

You are absolutely right. Personally, I'm a PC freak, and emulation is a hobby. I test and collect games of the old systems (which I have quite a few :bouncy: ) just to watch them work, not to actually beat them. Although there are times where I will sit down and play a game to the finish.

The revolution is a console system, and it's not often that a lot of us emulation/PC freaks will sit down, download a bunch of ROMs to a console, and be limited on it's capabilities. Even if it supported flawless emulation, it would take the joy out of emulation itself. I give more credit to the people who wrote the emulators and plugins that give us the N64 we play on our comps, than I do Nintendo. If Nintendo really wanted to play "Can't beat em, join em", then why don't they release an emulator on PC, where ROMs are easily accessible? I guess I didn't really read up a whole lot on it either, but me, I'll take the PC emulation anyday.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Maybe they're afraid that if they provide an emulator, it will be diassembled and used for other emulator in the end. And what's more, many people would probably distribute roms illegaly. By doing this on a system, which is under their control, I think they feel more safe. That's what I think anyway. If these old games costs or not, remains to see.