What's new

Emulating mouse with a Joystick

OP
minkster

minkster

I've actually tried this program too, but I can't seem to figure it out. Like I don't understand it literally at all. When you run the program, should the mouse already be able to move with the gamepad? Or do you have to set up the controls. I've tried setting up the controls but they just dont respond to my snes or ps2 controller :p Argh if only I could get the thing to work. What controller are you using Branz?

WhiteX

you go through the joypad inputs, select one and another screen will open prompting you to select a mouse or keyboard input to match, once you do this, the selected joypad input will result on the keybord or mouse related input, for example, you can click on joy X axis and configure it to be your mouse x axis, once you pull up on your joypad, your cursor will go up on the screen.

OP
minkster

minkster

I got it to work and its amazing! It works fully with my ps2 analog stick...thanks alot WhiteX and Branz!

OP
minkster

minkster

One more question though, I cant seem to configure the scrolling buttons. When I set the keys, they dont move. But besides that everything else works good.

DreamcastFan

interesting.. the idea of controlling the cursor movements using my joypad has never occured to me. this is pretty cool

EDIT: ok I've just concluded after testing out the joystick to emulate the mouse for about an hour.. It's definately easier to stick with the actual mouse LOL

Last edited: