What's new

DR. Mario progress

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
Final Shot (Nemu d3d8). The 4 textures above aren't the textures the game uses. As seen in Daedalus 0.8 pre0.03 the not shown textures are bigger and resized.

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
oh! THIS dr mario thread!! :geek:

this is seeming to be very helpful maybe for this game and also for the whole of emulation!

the new rice 5.0.0

this is of opengl with all settings.

for a reason i thought i had seen the pill dropping with some setting of this plugin a few days ago, but now is it not working ever. i don't know?

Last edited:

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
but here in directx with all of the check boxes checked u get one strange thing, some of the virii you can see more in this menu part.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
also is another problem my friend of english says is "pre-emptive pill" it is of an early showing the future where the pill will be i do not understand?

this circled pill is not for being there in the game, if the falling pill is moved, it is moved also, but always at height of where the falling pill will be if dropped all.

it is a pill which tells the future, something very strange and remarkable. it is not to have been seen before!

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
It's a game feature. Pressing IIRC any C button will turn it on or off (I have an original, so I know as a fact that this is the case).

It's basically a drop shadow so you can see where your pill will land for quick-drops... I always screw up on older Tetris and Dr. Mario games doing quick-drops because I miss the drop, but with shadows I never do. Even my mother, an old Tetris/DrM freak, who once hated the shadows, now likes them after spending time with them on in Tetris Worlds.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Tagrineth said:
It's a game feature. Pressing IIRC any C button will turn it on or off (I have an original, so I know as a fact that this is the case).

It's basically a drop shadow so you can see where your pill will land for quick-drops... I always screw up on older Tetris and Dr. Mario games doing quick-drops because I miss the drop, but with shadows I never do. Even my mother, an old Tetris/DrM freak, who once hated the shadows, now likes them after spending time with them on in Tetris Worlds.

This game worked with my Unofficial Daedalus rel 2.0 with private 1964.exe flawlessly. You can search old threads for my screen shots.

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
I've got an idea how to get it to work. The DR mario plugin must be as follow:

- Use a part daedalus 5.0.0 source for the falling brick (don't know exactly which part. We need to ask Rice for that)
- Use a low resolution framebuffer for the background.

The game is theoretically working now. Someone needs to put this in one plugin to see if it's real.

OP
mightyrocket

mightyrocket

Banned
(Rice's daedalus d3d8 rel 2.0) As Rice said: with this plugin DR Mario is working almost flawlessly, but it's very slow, and Rice's plugin has got strange problems with some video-hardware...

Rice

Emulator Developer
It will speed up only when you get the new 1964. New 1964 has a new way to handle CPU frame buffer read/write and my video plugin will work together with the new 1964.

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
i have not the right with the old plugin got anything. i am very exciting about new 1964 of course with new plugin! i know they will rock!

shroomario

Kahenraz

Wow! It looks excellent!! Now will these improvements affect just Dr. M or will if also fix bugs in other games?

Also, what are the chances that you will fix pokemon snap :cry:
You'll be the first ever to tackle that monster!!