Snap12.jpg

Snap13.jpg

Snap14.jpg

Snap15.jpg

Snap16.jpg

Snap17.jpg

alexa999

Banned
I dont think that that 0fps in the corner is really in the game.:plain: There is no way that its that slow.:plain:

Slougi

alexa999 said:
I dont think that that 0fps in the corner is really in the game.:plain: There is no way that its that slow.:plain:
Get a clue before posting will you? This is in software ogl.

blight

all these windows people posting in reply to linux stuff which they don't know shit about ;-)

is doom3 out yet?

Cyberman

Depending on the Card and what version of Mesa GL you are using will depend on how fast it works.

ATI and newer NVIDIA cards you can't use hardware acceleration in MesaGL the reason is ATI and NVIDIA refuse to disclose information on there cards they provide there own drivers for OGL aceleration.

Mesa 5.0 supports up to OGL 1.3 ICD.

You can get Mesa for Windows.. but most people provide drivers for the cards under windows save Kyro (stupid SGS thomson.)

Cyb

blight

erm... isn't mesa software gl and gl->glide wrapper with software extensions which aren't available through glide or on the card? maybe if the specs to nvidia cards were open it was possible to i.e. have software vertex shadres on a GF2?

Cyberman

No Mesa is not a glide conversion. It works with SVGA VESA standards S3 Virge 3dfx (not glide but straight 3dfx card control), glide and a series of other graphical output systems GGI being one (Generic Graphics Interface).

You can port it to the playstation for example if you wanted to :)

Cyb

Slougi

Cyberman said:
Depending on the Card and what version of Mesa GL you are using will depend on how fast it works.

ATI and newer NVIDIA cards you can't use hardware acceleration in MesaGL the reason is ATI and NVIDIA refuse to disclose information on there cards they provide there own drivers for OGL aceleration.

Mesa 5.0 supports up to OGL 1.3 ICD.

You can get Mesa for Windows.. but most people provide drivers for the cards under windows save Kyro (stupid SGS thomson.)

Cyb
Bloop! Nvidia does not disclose info, Ati does. Check out the DRI project.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
*looks at screens*
*drools*
*concentrates on saving money for video card*

Anyone have a good suggestion for a card for DOOM 3

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
it would probably be that slow on your system alexa.... as a matter of fact, MUCH SLOWER, you have 500mhz, he has 1.8 ghz, he has 1300mhz more speed than you, and your graphics card isn't as good as his either, but i don't know how much slower than 0 you could get.

As for the new pc thing, i wouldn't waste my money just for one game... if it really is that slow, thats what I call bad programming. but like others say thats because its software rendered, and thats bad programming too.

Software rendering is pointless, its slow and it isn't worth using, imho.

Last edited:

blight

Quip and all the others: It is SOFTWARE RENDERED! CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW SLOW THAT IS? obviously not
betas usually have most parts of the engine done... and i doubt it'd be possible to write code as bad that you get 0fps... do you really believe optimizing the engines code (which runs on the cpu) can make the frames go up from 0 to 100 or what!?

Cyberman

Sayargh said:
it would probably be that slow on your system alexa.... as a matter of fact, MUCH SLOWER, you have 500mhz, he has 1.8 ghz, he has 1300mhz more speed than you, and your graphics card isn't as good as his either, but i don't know how much slower than 0 you could get. As for the new pc thing, i wouldn't waste my money just for one game... if it really is that slow, thats what I call bad programming. but like others say thats because its software rendered, and thats bad programming too. Software rendering is pointless, its slow and it isn't worth using, imho.

Err.. I would like to point out your statement is based on your perspective. Your perspective is one of playing games. Hence your humble opinion is moot. Software rendering is QUITE useful if you are testing something, especially ICD's. The nice thing about software is, it generall works 100% correctly. It's especially handy when you are tuning the dynamic recompilor Nvidia and ATI use to send commands to there card (though why the hell they are doing that is beyond me, isn't it more efficient just to support an in GPU translater optimizer of course they might not have the real estate anymore because of the FP engines they have on those cards now).

It also shows how many operations are necessary to render the images, translation, great if you are a programer. For a gamer? Well.. whatever.

Bottom line? It's not pointless it serves a useful purpose, just not for you :)

Cyb