What's new

Dolwin site update and new plugin!

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Yup, I've made a new design for Dolwin's website, [Located here.] as I'm the new Webmaster.

As well, hotquik has released his new input plugin in the Downloads section, which features controller input and rumble!

Have fun with it all,
Vile.

Dakusan

Don't fret. Firefox is the worst browser I've ever encountered as far as rendering bugs, well, besides safari. I find at least 1 major bug a day in it when programming new scripts... you just have to work around them (which can often be costly). Even if you do try to submit a bug report, it will likely not be fixed for months, if ever. Curse the populus and their having to switch to something that's not microsoft. Not that I'm happy with IE as far as security goes (mainly their default always being yes, and the NT kernel having the unfortunate tendency to pop up new windows and send keystrokes to it instead of the window you where typing in...) but I digress

Not a bad site design, congrats on the promotion Vile person. It's always good to see the emulation community thriving and pushing on. I was a little scared when I came here and only saw four posts before I found out my login name and password :)
Dakusan

OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Eh, I personally think Opera is a much more superior browser. It's not as easily modded, but it's used for what browsers are supposed to be used for, the internet.

As far as my opinion goes, Firefox users shouldn't get special treatment, however I tried my best to fix this bug. I can't find a damn thing wrong with the javascript or PHP which could be causing this error, and it works in every other browser.. so.. :[

I still have to figure out why the screenshots are randomized and not in order of age. [Newest to oldest.]

Dakusan

Trotterwatch said:
Yeah, curse the browser for trying to stick to standards eh.

Nice work on the site btw Vile

If by sticking to standards, you mean buggy as all hell... their claim to be 100% W3C standard (if they do, heh, probably not, cause that would be stupid ^_^; 100% is a claim non-realists make), but I find errors all over in firefox (that I will go back to logs to find if I have to, which I'd rather not waste the time doing) that contradict the W3C docs (and they do even bend the rules too, I.E. allowing global id tags). I find more W3C compliance in IE, plus tons of extra options for developers. I have nothing against firefox, great, they made a browser. I just wish people would stick to what works for the web at least. I mean, I love programming in c++, it will work the same on every computer reguardless (not counting certain APIs, especially graphics), but I will never again touch Java (doesn't count javascript) with a 100ft pole for it's sheer lack of both speed and compliance across platforms. Now, yes, it boasts 99% compliance across most platforms (not including cell phones of course, their library is so dumbed down it's scary...) but I still encounter different results (though rarely) across OSs and computer types... Horray for the "advancement" of technology!! Getting back to firefox, the errors all over in JavaScript (Among other places) just completly kill a lot of scripts, and make having to work around the bugs take many extra hours of work sometimes. And it's not like you have another choice of languages for the web (PLEASE, don't get me started on flash, which requires an extra download many xenophobic computer users will not download). *sighs* Interpreted languages... even the emulation community sees the power of compiled over interpreted ^_^. I know I'm being a little selfsh as a developer, but fuck, if there wasn't all the hype around it and it wasn't "not microsoft", when word finally got out of which browser truly was more compatible, firefox would not win out. This is not, to say, it will get better as time goes by, though, I love the opensource community, recently joining it myself with a hacked together emulation tidbit (was too much a nube to open my first emulator in '00 as open souce because the code was disgusting). But once again, I digress :)

If you havn't figured out the problem/solution in a few days to your conundrum, I'll take a look at it and help you out (and I know how you feel, but hell, it's reported ~10% of the WWW population). I have a lot of experience with with firefox bugs ~.~; Give me an email at the address in my profile if I can be of assistance. Havn't done anything for the emulation community in too long. Don't even think people saw my last project which was only posted on zophar (and maybe 2 other places...) and quickly dissapeared off the emutalk forums, hah.

One interesting new tidbit I read about today after reading a few (DEPRESSING) new game topics (starting at the GDC rant)... both sony and microsoft are going in-order processing on their next consoles because it's cheaper (but much slower... ATM. apparently). Personally I think the cell technology will eventually outperform out-of-order processing due to the RISC vs CISC argument, they are 1/4 the size, and run individual instructions faster in general, and so if you put 2 million together on an even larger IC (which they are designed for I believe), theoretically they could completly outperform the out-of-orders in the same area size (and fiscal cost). It's just a matter of getting the techology there and... dare I say it... booting out what currently has the monopoly for something better XD (Almost ironic, some would say hypocritical, after my arguments against firefox, hah), but hey, if a technlogy can prove itself without true hype... Though I do not know enough about new cpu technologies to boast a true understanding. Mostly proprietary stuff...
Dakusan

[edit] Fixed three or four typos and I used IE for two different acronyms, which was slightly confusing upon rereading.

Last edited:

Gladiac0190

Dakusan said:
If by sticking to standards, you mean buggy as all hell... their claim to be 100% W3C standard (if they do, heh, probably not, cause that would be stupid ^_^; 100% is a claim non-realists make), but I find errors all over in firefox (that I will go back to logs to find if I have to, which I'd rather not waste the time doing) that contradict the W3C docs (and they do even bend the rules too, blablablablablabl blaaaahhh blaaaaahhhhhh text text text blub blub blah ............... mething better XD (Almost ironic, some would say hypocritical, after my arguments against firefox, hah), but hey, if a technlogy can prove itself without true hype... Though I do not know enough about new cpu technologies to boast a true understanding. Mostly proprietary stuff...
Dakusan

[edit] Fixed three or four typos and I used IE for two different acronyms, which was slightly confusing upon rereading.
huh? are you sure that you know, what you are talking about? ff's engine is far better than ie's. css3-support, much better css-handling, showing coe the way it is, not the way it is meant to be that would result really hardcore bullshit coded homepages... but it doesn't matter, this is an emulation-site, not a flaming-thread. Go and let your steam off somewhere different - i get sick of this.

have a nice day

@Vile324: Your new design looks neat but the javascript errors need to be work arounded to make them more compatible mith ff since all nerds and geeks use ff or mozillasuite.

Last edited:
OP
Dysprosium

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Gladiac0190 said:
@Vile324: Your new design looks neat but the javascript errors need to be work arounded to make them more compatible mith ff since all nerds and geeks use ff or mozillasuite.

Hey, I've just repaired them.

Now I've just gotta fix the ordering.. the screenshots are terribly random. :i

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Thank's , i use firefox and notably see the contents more clean and nicely :D
Very Goood Work!!! :)

omfgman

can u plz tell me how to use the plugins? they are weird lettered extentions files that ive never seen b4 how are you suppose to plug the plugin's in?

DJJinxC

I think you paste them in to the same folder the emu is and replace original files, but i am not 100% so its best to get some1 else who has more experience with these things to help you...

Last edited: