What's new

Dolwin 0.10 on Linux

Gladiac0190

Yay, got it working with 'wine' which means, that Dolwin is well coded! Thank you guys, you are great :D.
Cause this is a Notebook with a P4 1700 an a GF4Go440, the Framerate is quite poor, but it is not much better on my 3000+ - Winmachine...
Here's a screenshot of my debian-desktop running wine 20050111 (I can create some more if you like):

//EDIT: Got it to 14 fps - will post new screenies if there is any response.

Last edited:

txOjO

MDKEiToR
eman

Look's Great!
but... If a native version can "born" sooner or later, i will dream more happy this year :-D
Wine is poor idea to run a emulator without a power machine in GNU/Linux.
LinuxPowa!!!!!

OP
Gladiac0190

Gladiac0190

Too bad, my current Wine-Config seems not to be able to get dolwin running in a way to run commercial games. Im going on trying... Pong is still the first and atm the last working dol-exec that can be run...

I'll do my best... Wine too :D

OP
Gladiac0190

Gladiac0190

FULL STOP!
Now it works!! I will post some screenies now!
BTW, Compatibility is just the same as in Windows... Dolwin is quite unstable when wrapped by wine and i'm not able to set the the Controllers up which is definitely an unimplemented function problem from wine. The Framerate is quite poor. Thats mainly the fault of my notebook which is a Dell i8200 with a P4-1700, 512MB Ram and a Gforce4Go440. But even Wine eats some performance... To avoid misunderstandings -> This is definitely _NOT_ a Linux-Emulator. If it would, there would be a Linux-Version in the Net, eh? :D I think i will port it, if i have the time to do so using Winelib AND if I'm allowed to... Ok, lets head to the shots:

Last edited: