What's new

Dolphin x64/Dual Core BETA screenshot (warning 56Ks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniandrewmini

but cars aren't programs, and unlike cars, programs can be released with all the parts missing (including the engine) and still get positive feedback.

synch

Isn't asking for a release broking the rules? I mean, just let them work, and they'll release whenever it's done/they want, and if you can't wait just code it one yourself...

ExodusC

Marisa Stole My Precious Thing
Love the screenshots, Knuckles.

Now if only I could convince you to do some Tales of Symphonia tests...

vlado

Sexy's back!
Knuckles dose the Resident Evil remake work on this version?
If you have it could you please test it ?Thanks :D

Last edited:

ExodusC

Marisa Stole My Precious Thing
Knuckles is the Resident Evil remake work on this version?
If you have it could you please test it ?Thanks :D

Oh yes, seeing some tests on Remake would be great.

It's frozen after the Capcom logo on all the past versions, maybe the updates to the Dolphin Core fixed the issue.

Ghost Bear

To dolphin team

I dont know, but if dolphin team is having so much trouble to do the release, they could make dolphin source public, and a MILLION programers would aid in the development.

Its so simple, i dont understand why pepole doesnt think things in terms of cost-benefit. Linux (that i hate it) and p2p wouldent exist if wasnt for all the entusiat in the world.

My first and last post.

Sercio

uh... millions of programmer which wont care about the source code! If a professional programmer would build a emulator then he would code it himself or would use avaible source codes from gcube as exampel! And some people would abuse the emulator to earn money, thats why even project64 has a open source...

*BTW why should the dev-team of dolphin spend alot of his own time and give their work for free to us?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I dont know, but if dolphin team is having so much trouble to do the release, they could make dolphin source public, and a MILLION programers would aid in the development.

Its so simple, i dont understand why pepole doesnt think things in terms of cost-benefit. Linux (that i hate it) and p2p wouldent exist if wasnt for all the entusiat in the world.

My first and last post.

Opensource isn't always the solution to rapid development.
For example, take a look at N64 (PJ64/mupen64/1964) / GC (dolwin?/gcube?) or PS2 (PCSX2).

Many emulators for those platform are opensource, but none of them seem to benefit really from it.
In most cases people just make some silly scam scam releases (renamed titles and GUI adjustments).

zaba_3

uh... millions of programmer which wont care about the source code! If a professional programmer would build a emulator then he would code it himself or would use avaible source codes from gcube as exampel! And some people would abuse the emulator to earn money, thats why even project64 has a open source...

*BTW why should the dev-team of dolphin spend alot of his own time and give their work for free to us?

You could ask this question from authors who develop open source/free programs what we use.Example why firefox developers spent their time so we can use this great browser for free?

zilmar

Emulator Developer
You could ask this question from authors who develop open source/free programs what we use.Example why firefox developers spent their time so we can use this great browser for free?

Closed source vs Open source .... Something like firefox most people can jump in to and get working. The user base is huge, something like emulation, the user base is small and the programming a lot more complicated. This is not the type of program any one can just jump in and really add to. I mean the development team is already giving there work away for free. They do not need to give the source away for free to.

spotanjo3

Why not make a thread to discuss those things ? I am confuse because I thought there is a new screenshot and I found the same things...more discussion. This thread say screenshot, is it not ? *GRIN*

zaba_3

Closed source vs Open source .... Something like firefox most people can jump in to and get working. The user base is huge, something like emulation, the user base is small and the programming a lot more complicated. This is not the type of program any one can just jump in and really add to. I mean the development team is already giving there work away for free. They do not need to give the source away for free to.
yes I know that emulators arent programs where you can just "jump in" and I know that making dolphin open source wouldnt help at all.if someone has skills/talents they pretty easily can get to team and do the help :)
Good example is gcube or dolwin,open source but nothing has been done to them by third party developers

Status
Not open for further replies.