What's new

Dolphin x64/Dual Core BETA screenshot (warning 56Ks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Am I allowed to ask how's the FPS is like on your system? :)

ofcourse, feel free to ask :).

To be honest, it runs about 0 fps.

I'm stuck with a pentium-m (dothan/32b) so no dolphin 64bit for me :( ... unless you guys are very generous (hey x-mas spirit :whistling !!!) and donate me a sweet core2duo system :p.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Knuckles, did you try SSBM? If so, is it any faster?

You know already I tried it , and played a lot.

I noticed the game always seems to skip frames to acheive full speed. I can say the intro is like running at 150%, menus are 200%, and ingame, around 133% normal game speed ( on the GC), also, no more changing language thing to do.

danielkraak

I have a question, how many frames do you need to play a game at normal speed, i guess 16 because that's the same as on a pc and video. But i have seen n64 emulators and if you have more than 60 fps, it will run much faster.

BlueFalcon7

You know already I tried it , and played a lot.

I noticed the game always seems to skip frames to acheive full speed. I can say the intro is like running at 150%, menus are 200%, and ingame, around 133% normal game speed ( on the GC), also, no more changing language thing to do.
Your joking, right?

But if your not, there needs to be a frame limiter incorporated in the dolphin. :) (Never thought I would say that)

Last edited:

emwearz

I have a question, how many frames do you need to play a game at normal speed, i guess 16 because that's the same as on a pc and video. But i have seen n64 emulators and if you have more than 60 fps, it will run much faster.

PAL region games runs as 50FPS (Fullspeed)
NTSC region runs at 60FPS (Fullspeed)

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

SSBM runs from 10 to 20FPS altho the gameplay is in boosted speed.... so a FPS limiter wouldn't work.... :\

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

it actually seems to have it's own frame limiter, 'cause it runs quite nicely. it's a bit faster than the real game, but it's playable.

earithramir

Nice work guys..
will those inprovemts for duo-core also be imported to the 32bit version??
If sow, will those 64bits make a big difference?

Off-topic: what is the newest public version for dolphin ??

BlueFalcon7

Nice work guys..
will those inprovemts for duo-core also be imported to the 32bit version??
If sow, will those 64bits make a big difference?

Off-topic: what is the newest public version for dolphin ??
This release is only a 64 bit release. It only works if you have XP 64 bit edition.

btw, Nice avatar Knuckles

Sercio

any chance to upgrade a 32 bit os to a 64 one without to buy a new os, format the hdd and reinstall everything?

emwearz

Well I dont know the details about it but you can apparently download a trail of XP64 from Microsofts site.

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition trial software

Just install it whenever a build is made public (Dual boot by partitioning off say 10gb and install XP64 to it) and you will be able to play with it for awhile, if you think its worth investing (Don't forget PCSX2 is soon to have 64 bit builds) then invest in a copy of XP64.

Status
Not open for further replies.