What's new

Dolphin x64/Dual Core BETA screenshot (warning 56Ks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty

Sony battery
Don't you mean 3.6GHz instead of 3600+? Unless AMD has acquired Intel and started using their rating system on Intel's processors... :p Anyway, will it work? Yes. Will you see the improvements that 64-bit, dual-core processors will? No.

vlado

Sexy's back!
It seams my procesor is 64 bit :) sweet :) , i also managed to oc it a bit higher, to 3,75 GHz yes , i'm running windows xp 64 bit edition so i'm probably gonna see the speed increase *not the dual core one tough , but i'm gonna see a speed increase*

thx chiklet

Last edited:

TerraPhantm

Heh, this looks promising.

Would this be able to take advantage of more then 2 processing units? For example 2xOpteron 275s or a Core2 Quadro?

Last edited:

Guru64

If you are unsure whether your CPU supports 64 bit or not, use CPUZ. It's a handy tool that displays just about everything about your CPU, including this.

Sercio

cpu.JPG

hehe get ready for me Dolphin^^ even without a 64bit os i think i could get a asskicking framerates ;)

vlado

Sexy's back!
damn you sercio damn you :(( 3,70 isn't stable enogu so i had to downclock to 3,50 :(( and damned sercio has 4800+ :(( DAMN YOU :((
I just hope my 6400+ Quad Core comes quickly :p

Sercio

you can also use aida32 to check your system in the CPUid register :
Unbenannt12.jpg

You can see my hardware specs here <--- does this reach for dolphin?

Clements

I misread your question, so I'll answer it now: It does not since it's one of the earlier 5xx Prescotts. EMT64 was introduced in the 6xx series Prescotts. The program does not display EMT64 in the list of Instructions.

TerraPhantm

CPUZ.jpg

See that part that says "x86-64" ? If that string is present, then your processor supports 64-bit instructions.

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

good think AMD are simple, "64" for 64 bits, "x2" for dual core!

while Intel naming system..... I won't get in that right now

Sercio

Intel cant use the same name cause they are copyrighted etc... since AMD was the first one which made 64bit and the dual core technology, Intel must rob this idea and use it in a different name! But AMD does use the original name "hyper threading" :p
'Thats why i choose AMD (and some bit for games) ^^

Guru64

AMD used to have the best processors, but now Intel is kicking its ass with their Core 2 CPUs.
Anyway, if it says x86-64, you have a 64-bit CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.