What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Anton

I like beer
Just tried "safe texture cache" (in 3404) - shows total garbage instead of map (and don't even show a usual map (when I press ">MAP" key...

What other options will be useful to fix this map issue?

Xtreme2damax

Just tried "safe texture cache" (in 3404) - shows total garbage instead of map (and don't even show a usual map (when I press ">MAP" key...

What other options will be useful to fix this map issue?

Right click the game ---> Properties ---> Check the box "Enable EFB to Texture".

That should solve the problem with the map from what I just tested. :)

Toasty

Sony battery
Anyone else getting nothing but "Failed to grab 1 GB of contiguous memory" when trying to load an ISO with r3749?

Toasty

Sony battery
No go. I went through and ended every non-essential process I could find in the task manager, but with no change. This seemed to happen somewhat often back with earlier SVN revisions, but I hadn't had the problem with any recent revisions until now. Just as a side note... anyone know why Dolphin needs a whole GB of contiguous memory? (This isn't a complaint, just a puzzled query.)

A Legend

I was just on the dolphin site and someone was talking about mudlord making a DX9 plugin for Dolphin i was wondering whether it was true

Xtreme2damax

I was just on the dolphin site and someone was talking about mudlord making a DX9 plugin for Dolphin i was wondering whether it was true

Probably not, considering mudlord's scorn towards Dolphin due to shoddy coding/coders or other un-professionalism by constantly adding shady hacks when the focus should be on proper emulation of the hardware. Due to this the Dolphin code base has became a mess and the hacks have started to cause problems in light of recent development.

If the newbies have to wait a while for a game to be playable then so be it, hacks should never ever be considered unless they are absolutely needed, such as the inability to emulate certain hardware or emulate it without a drastic performance hit.

Also your welcome Anton, glad that solved it for you. :)

@Toasy, the 1 GB of memory is likely so Dolphin has enough memory to run or to help improve performance, it is likely any less available memory will have quite a performance impact on Dolphin.

Do you have Kaspersky or another Anti-Virus installed that may be interferring? Just disabling them or ending the process won't be enough, you'll need to uninstall them each time you want to use Dolphin or seek out another Anti-Virus that works with Dolphin.

Do you have more than 1 GB of memory in your PC, is your swap/pagefile enabled or enough space assigned to the pagefile?

Anton

I like beer
"Kasrersky" needs to be loaded off from memory (I mean system tray). Sometimes even NOT.... Dolphin and Kaspersky may work together sometimes...
No need to uninstall|install it each time...

The REAL killer of Dolphin is "ABBY Lingvo" (an electronic dictionary from russian developers. The program is very cool and useful, btw.), or maybe other similar programs, which loads itself in tray every time. So when you need dolphin, it's enough to remove Lingvo from the tray.

Toasty

Sony battery
Haven't really changed anything on my system since the last revision I successfully tried (3608), and I don't have any of those problem programs you mentioned. I'll try removing anti-virus and jacking up the page file a bit just in case and see if it changes anything.

Xtreme2damax

I was just suggesting the usual culprits, hopefully you can figure out what the problem is. :)

Btw all builds for revision 3769 have been compiled and uploaded, feel free to use the link in my signature to obtain them or use the direct links in this thread/post at the Dolphin forums:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-2176.html

Builds will be uploaded to my Skydrive about an hour after they are uploaded to the downloads section on my forum, so keep an eye on the link below if you don't feel like registering:

http://cid-b8ece3275d590dda.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Dolphin

Anton

I like beer
Shame on me, but I still can't understand, what means JIT, IL & SVN abbreviations?
:blush:
Please, somebody, explain this to me...

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
hadoukenpyro: Dolphin won't work as it is now with an Intel graphics chip. Period.

EDIT: oh CRAP I didn't realize there was an entire new page with posts after that. Nobody answered him anyway…
Oh, yes, I have builds in my signature. :)

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I've compiled and uploaded all builds for revision 3972, link to all Dolphin builds can be found in my signature.

For the time being registration isn't required and guests are once again able to download, I decided to try allowing guests to download again to see how things go.

DjPong

I tried using the frameskipping, and well.. it's not smooth skipping sadly enough. The game gets really choppy. Even if I only have skipping on one.

Xtreme2damax

I've compiled and uploaded all builds for revision 4026, as usual the link to the downloads is located in my signature.

There is no more need to register right now, I've given guests permission to download files again. Since guests are allowed to download, I've ceased uploading builds to my Skydrive account.

Xtreme2damax

Revision 4050 has been uploaded, I've included the x86, x64, and JITIL x86 builds. I was unable to compile the JITIL x64 build since I kept receiving error when trying to compile due to the externals mess JP made.

All builds may be downloaded from the link in my signature.

It'll be at least another week or two before I provide another build unless there is a worthwhile commit submitted, such as something groundbreaking, improvements in core, sound, and graphics emulation.