What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Xtreme2damax

Registration is required to ease up on resources and prevent offsite leeching of files. I don't think requiring registration is all that bad, no one has seemed to have a problem with it so far.

I would appreciate it if you could remove that login information from being publicly visible, as it allows the registration process to be bypassed thus opening up holes for spammers to spam the forum. Account sharing is disallowed on many forums for a good reason, take the example of Ngemu banning bugmenot. ;)

Anywho, I just got revision 3312 uploaded now and have included the x86, x64, and x86 JITIL builds.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Most likely the addresses belonging to *@mail.ru have been blocked, thanks to the amount spam those addresses generate.

Anton

I like beer
Most likely the addresses belonging to *@mail.ru have been blocked, thanks to the amount spam those addresses generate.

I use this service for about 10 years without problems.
This is one of the best and biggest russian e-mail services ever.
But on xtemu it's blocked. Nice...

I hate all that registration stuff if I need to download some freeware stuff sometimes, really...

Xtreme2damax

mail.ru addresses are blocked by several sites due to spammers/spambots frequently using these domains to post spam on forums as mentioned above.

You'll have to find another non-disposable service to register.

In regards as to why registration is required, is because I run the site on shared hosting since I can't afford dedicated, so clamping down on some things to help control resource usage was a necessity. Also it is in place to help prevent off site leeching of files.

If I could afford dedicated hosting, I would re-enable guest downloading again.

Xtreme2damax

W00t!!

Super Mario Galaxy has music now, more DSP groundwork to come. :D

Music is actually clear, not garbled or broken like with the sound in Zelda/Mario in the past revisions..

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=3570

Seems there are now no sounds in Windwaker/Twilight Princess for the time being, I'm guessing those changes were reverted and will be added again later.

Thank Luigi2us for this groundbreaking commit. I will be compiling and uploading a new build in a while.

Xtreme2damax

Indeed, I am actually quite surprised. There's still more work to be done, but is extremely exciting that at this stage we are starting to get recognizable sound.

Way to go to the Dolphin team for figuring out what hasn't been documented, in this venture they've found just how inaccurate YAGD is, and what is missing from YAGD.

Hopefully this will be useful information for other Gamecube emulation projects such as Gekko. :D

Xtreme2damax

I have become disgusted on the current state of the Dolphin forum. While I praise the developers on their hard work and determination, the forum is in utter shambles and chaos..

At the Dolphin forum, mass reputation orgies, spamming and abuse of the reputation system are occurring quite frequently and have become the norm. Members are handed negative reputations and accused for things they never even did.

I commonly see the reputation system there being used against n00bs, members leave very rude and derogatory comments in the reputation system most of the time against other members that aren't liked, as mentioned specifically against n00bs.

God forbid if you admit to downloading a game, not only does your thread get closed but you also get slapped with a ban for the first offense.

Not exactly a way to make new members feel welcome is it? Typical procedure for a rule breaking post is to close the thread, issue a verbal reminder to read the rules while informing the member of what they did wrong.

The Dolphin forum has become quite the unfriendly place in light of most of the members that are there now.

Last edited:
Very true. I'm sure you recall seeing my name over there and I was probably one of the people you are speaking about with regards to the reputation issues. Basically, there were two morons (probably children) who for some unknown reason accused me of asking for ISO'S (which never happened). Then, when I called them out on this, he has the nerve to ask me why I am even talking about this, as if he was somehow a victim and that he is being bothered that I am wondering why he was so stupid when he made comments in my rep about something that was not true. It's really quite unbelievable.

This is all really a bunch of nonsense that does not amount to very much, but what's right is right and I'd rather not have these things associated with me.

To be quite honest, the problem with most of these online sites is that there are way too many little kids running around screwing up the works. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I agree wholeheartedly with what your saying, I just wanted to get this off of my chest. If I posted this at the Dolphin forum I would of been slaughtered by an angry mob.

By the way I've compiled and uploaded revision 3655, uploaded to the downloads system on my site (Link is in signature).

All standard and JITIL builds have been uploaded, for anyone who doesn't want to bother with registration I'll be uploading these to my Skydrive account in a bit

The annoying flickering in Mario Galaxy as well as the pull star bug has finally been fixed albeit very few but barely noticeable effects are still missing.

There is no longer any need for the Mario Galaxy graphics hack, in game graphics are displayed fine now without the need for that hack.

Xtreme2damax

I agree wholeheartedly with what your saying, I just wanted to get this off of my chest. If I posted this at the Dolphin forum I would of been slaughtered by an angry mob.

By the way I've compiled and uploaded revision 3655, uploaded to the downloads system on my site (Link is in signature).

All standard and JITIL builds have been uploaded, for anyone who doesn't want to bother with registration I'll be uploading these to my Skydrive account in a bit

The annoying flickering in Mario Galaxy as well as the pull star bug has finally been fixed albeit very few but barely noticeable effects are still missing.

There is no longer any need for the Mario Galaxy graphics hack, in game graphics are displayed fine now without the need for that hack.

Skydrive mirror for revision 3655:

http://cid-b8ece3275d590dda.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Dolphin

hadoukenpyro

new error??

erm....hi eheh i was doing some looking around when a few days ago a friend mentioned a game cube emu....getting to the point i stumbled upon this forum and found "dolphin JITIL x86 revision 3655" thinking oh its been worked on yay (like this version was a year or so old...i realized how new it was and thats why this reply is being made) and i was wondering why i couldnt find a fix for my problem wich is an error message

"can't create opengl renderer. you might be missing some required opengl extensions, check logs for more info"

so i looked and it says

"Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
ntdll!0x772299C5 : RtlInitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount
"
i did a lil looking but what comes up is just confusing...im kinda thinking the extension i need might be a different graphix plugin but before i try to do anything i wanted to ask an expert....lest i make things worse. im doing this on a laptop (yes luagh and point and call me an idiot i play games on a laptop) the specs are

vista home premium
intel core 2 duo p8400 @2.26 GHz each
64 bit
intel chipset familly
32 bit
60 htz
1280x800res

i think i got everything...thanks for reading and for working on this

hadoukenpyro

erm....hi eheh i was doing some looking around when a few days ago a friend mentioned a game cube emu....getting to the point i stumbled upon this forum and found "dolphin JITIL x86 revision 3655" thinking oh its been worked on yay (like this version was a year or so old...i realized how new it was and thats why this reply is being made) and i was wondering why i couldnt find a fix for my problem wich is an error message

"can't create opengl renderer. you might be missing some required opengl extensions, check logs for more info"

so i looked and it says

"Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
ntdll!0x772299C5 : RtlInitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount
"
i did a lil looking but what comes up is just confusing...im kinda thinking the extension i need might be a different graphix plugin but before i try to do anything i wanted to ask an expert....lest i make things worse. im doing this on a laptop (yes luagh and point and call me an idiot i play games on a laptop) the specs are

vista home premium
intel core 2 duo p8400 @2.26 GHz each
64 bit
intel chipset familly
32 bit
60 htz
1280x800res

i think i got everything...thanks for reading and for working on this

oh i did forget....yes the error occured when i was trying to play lost kingdoms 2 wich is in 6 parts.....if im suppose to burn the parts to a disk to play it then pls say so....other then that im pretty sure its suppose to be able to run.

but now im just rambling sorry..sorry pls dont flame me >_<

Xtreme2damax

I've uploaded revision 3749, a big improvement in sound with a few minor issues in Windwaker, Twilight Princess (GC), and Mario Galaxy.

Sound is more audible and sounds somewhat cleaner, also other minor improvements in sound.

At the moment it has been uploaded to the downloads system on my forum (Link in signature & Registration required), however as I promised builds will typically be uploaded to my Skydrive mirror about an hour after I upload them to the downloads system on my forum. :)

Revision 3749 (All Builds) at my Skydrive mirror:

http://cid-b8ece3275d590dda.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Dolphin

Last edited:

Anton

I like beer
Always forget to ask - about the small onscreen map in Zelda TP (GC).
Will it be fixed sometime?

Now (in 3404 (3402), in 3661) - it looks like this:
zelda-tp_3.jpg